General 2019 MLB thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

Reds ace Luis Castillo was in Miami's organization as well. He didn't have any major league experience though. He was part of the Dan Straily trade.

I'm not going to hold that one against them though. Minor league players are constantly being traded. Some work out. Some don't.
We routinely have one of the best farming/developmental squads in MLB.

The problem is that we can't pay the players when their minor league contracts expire and they want the big bucks.

It would probably help if we got more than 9k people in the stadium every night, but I'm busy for the rest of the season.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
How big of a Reds fan are you right now?
The entire division has picked up 2 games on the Scrubs in the last 2 days.

Other than Pittsburgh. But fuck those guys.
They can still kiss a fat babies ass. Cards are playing horribly but somehow still in it.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
"IN"

This might be hard to believe, but most of my entire life I have not been a fan of baseball. Casual would be a small stretch. I've stated that baseball is boring both watching on tv and live games, but for some strange unknown reason, when I started playing MLB the Show(15) a few months ago, even though I had played that game years prior, all of a sudden I am in love with baseball.

I'm not kidding. If you saw my youtube history you would believe me. I watch baseball documentaries, just last night I watched videos of how to pitch certain types of pitches, and I've even watched full baseball games that were in black and white. Crazy huh? I couldn't watch hd baseball games a few months ago but now I'm engulfing myself with baseball. I even watch the MLB games of the week on youtube.

Anyways, I look forward to reading ya'lls experienced opinions and perhaps picking up some good baseball context with posts in this thread.

Cheers everyone!

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
For example Tris Speaker is highly underrated, as well as Honus(pronounced hawn-us) Wagner has a brother who played in the majors for only 1 year, and Honus's brother's name was Butts Wagner.

I learned that from one of the old school documentaries I watched lol

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
For example Tris Speaker is highly underrated, as well as Honus(pronounced hawn-us) Wagner has a brother who played in the majors for only 1 year, and Honus's brother's name was Butts Wagner.

I learned that from one of the old school documentaries I watched lol
You might enjoy the book I'm reading right now.
It's titled "K: A History of Baseball in 10 Pitches" by Tyler Kepner

Admittedly I'm a baseball nerd, but this book is fantastic.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I feel like Harper is playing Philly to leverage better terms from San Fran or LA.

If he was wanting to play in Philly, I think he would have just signed with Washington. Philly gives him the same shit weather, just adds a bunch of asshole fans.

I don't know. I don't really care. I think he is incredibly overrated anyway. No chance in hell I sign him to 10/300+.
I was wrong about where Harper was heading but as far as him being overrated...

Harper stats so far this year:

.250 avg (slash is 250/372/472)
22 HR
Leads the league with 137 Ks

That's a big fat yawn.
He's got nice hair though.

M

member 3289

What's the difference between a Yankee 'dog and a Fenway frank?

You'll be able to buy a Yankee dog in October.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Aquino hit another one last night.

He's the first player in MLB history to hit 8 HRs in his first 12 games.

It's very interesting to see how the pitchers are approaching him. He tends to chase the low and away curve from righties so he is getting a healthy dose of those, but anything up in the zone he has been absolutely destroying.

He has a slash of .452 / .500 / 1.161

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Aquino hit another one last night.

He's the first player in MLB history to hit 8 HRs in his first 12 games.

It's very interesting to see how the pitchers are approaching him. He tends to chase the low and away curve from righties so he is getting a healthy dose of those, but anything up in the zone he has been absolutely destroying.

He has a slash of .452 / .500 / 1.161
The fuck is slash