General 2019 MLB thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Today is the last game for Cincinnati Reds play by play radio broadcaster Marty Brennaman. He's been their play by play guy since he took over for Al Michaels in 1974. The first inning he ever called was when Hank Aaron broke Babe Ruth's HR record, just to give you an idea for how long he's been around.

I've always been a huge baseball fan, and when I was a kid I'd listen to every Reds game. The games were rarely on TV back then, so the radio was the only way to follow the game. I still remember getting yelled at by my mom because I was laying in bed listening to the games after midnight on a school night. Even later when they played on the west coast.

His broadcasting partner was Joe Nuxhall for most of his career. Marty & Joe - that's all I've ever known.

Joe died in 2007, and when he did I felt like my grandpa died. And I'm being serious. I was gutted. And as I sit here and listen to the last couple innings that I will ever hear Marty announce? It's getting a little dusty in here.

He is the voice of Reds baseball and an era is coming to an end. The 9th inning and his final sign off is going to be tough.
We already lost Jack Buck, when Tim McCarver and Mike Shannon go its going to be a sad day. I listen to cards game through the app and hearing Shannon is getting pretty rough these days

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
We already lost Jack Buck, when Tim McCarver and Mike Shannon go its going to be a sad day. I listen to cards game through the app and hearing Shannon is getting pretty rough these days
They had a celebration for him on the field. Lots of people said some words. Joe Morgan. Pete Rose. Bob Euchre. Al Michaels. But when Marty got up there to try and thank the fans and say his goodbyes, he had a tough time keeping it together.

So did I. Been listening to that dude for 40+ years. I had to shut my office door and have a moment.

It felt like closing a chapter of my childhood.

HEATH VON DOOM

Oct 21, 2015
They had a celebration for him on the field. Lots of people said some words. Joe Morgan. Pete Rose. Bob Euchre. Al Michaels. But when Marty got up there to try and thank the fans and say his goodbyes, he had a tough time keeping it together.

So did I. Been listening to that dude for 40+ years. I had to shut my office door and have a moment.

It felt like closing a chapter of my childhood.
Its amazing how long those guys lasted. Hopefully they are replaced by someone just as memorable for the youngsters today. Listening to the game will never be the same for you.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
National league playoff teams are set.
Div Winners : Dodgers, Braves, (Cards or Brewers)
Wild Card : Nationals, (Cards or Brewers)

Cards have a 1 game lead over the red-hot Brewers who have won 7 in a row and 9 of their last 10.
Brewers have a 3 game set @ Colorado.
Cards play 3 games at home against the Cubs. It's expected that the eliminated Cubs will bench the majority of their regulars.

American League division winners are set: Yankees, Twins and Astros
3 possible teams can grab the wildcard. The likely teams will be Oakland (+1) and Tampa Bay (-), but Cleveland (-2) isn't officially eliminated yet.

All 3 teams end the season on the road...
Oakland has 3 games left @ Seattle
Tampa Bay has a 3 game set @ Toronto
Cleveland has 3 @ Washington.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
NL Wild Card Game tonight.
MIL@WAS

Woodruff on the bump for the Brewers. Scherzer gets the obvious nod for the Nationals.

The only Brewer with any modicum of success against Scherzer is Yelich, but he still has a broken kneecap. The rest of the Brewers have a combined .140 batting average against Scherzer, and Cain and Braun are a combined 0 for 29.

Brewers on the road: 40-41
Nats at home: 50-31

I'm rooting for the Brewers, but it's not looking good for them tonight.

Last edited:

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
If you’re wearing sliding gloves, as the ghey cardinals are, you’re a downright pussy

Leave it to a pussy team like the cardinals, lmao

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
LOL @ Acuna.

Showboats a ball that ended up hitting the wall and he ends up with only a single. Then he gets doubled up at 2nd after Donaldson hit a liner to shortstop. Absolutely horrible baserunning.

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
Playoffs starting ok, with the sad cardinals getting lucky against the better team, the braves

Thank fuck the cardinals exist, otherwise the Red Sox might still be without a World Series win

And that would make me upset

HEATH VON DOOM

Oct 21, 2015
LOL @ Acuna.

Showboats a ball that ended up hitting the wall and he ends up with only a single. Then he gets doubled up at 2nd after Donaldson hit a liner to shortstop. Absolutely horrible baserunning.
Cards Magic number is 10. You still have time. PM me your address and I will send you a Yadi shirt.

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
Gary Sanchez is a legit man

Say what you want but that guy ate an up and high fastball that hit his bat and he manned up and admitted it

I hate the Yankees but respect a player like him

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
Sanchez is one of my favourite players to not play for the Red Sox

He’s a legit player