General 2019 Travels

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Did you need electrical converters or adapters? I think our ship provides them but I am going to bring some in case.
they're easy to come by, I worked in an international regulatory lab at the time, so I just grabbed a 'worldwide kit' on my way out the door. :)

plan on doing something every day, don't bother being on the boat for lunch unless the only thing on the itinerary is being on the boat all day.
Even if the day sounds boring, looking at churches and vineyards, get off the boat and go with the tour. I found so many cool things to do and places to eat and people to break bread with...just walking around after the tour. And make friends with the crew. They're young and know where to go for fun and adventure.

Are you going from Basel to Amsterdam?

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
It’s a great thread! Last summer, we went to Devil’s Tower, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, and Rocky Mountain National Park. It was amazing! This summer, we are going to Rocky Mountain NP again, Arches National Park, Glacier National Park, Devil’s Tower Again, and Badlands National Park. I can’t wait. Last year was 3000 miles, this year should be a lot more.
Devils tower, nice little tree stump left over from years past.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Jun 19, 2016
Yeah, it’s crazy there. I feel it calling me back. I believe.
I saw it in the early 90’s - very cool little spot - saw a few climbers soloing...not sure if that’s still allowed either way Devils Tower is a hidden gem in the middle of America worth seeing

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I saw it in the early 90’s - very cool little spot - saw a few climbers soloing...not sure if that’s still allowed either way Devils Tower is a hidden gem in the middle of America worth seeing
Yep, they still climb it. The campground where we stay is right outside the entrance to the park. They filmed Close Encounters there and play the movie every night. I hadn’t seen it since it came out and I was a little kid, but it was a really good movie. And to have the real Tower behind the screen was awesome.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Jun 19, 2016
Yep, they still climb it. The campground where we stay is right outside the entrance to the park. They filmed Close Encounters there and play the movie every night. I hadn’t seen it since it came out and I was a little kid, but it was a really good movie. And to have the real Tower behind the screen was awesome.
Awesome! Had no clue Close Encounters was filmed there. Might have to check it out this summer, only 399 miles away or about 6 hours 8 minutes.

You should share some pics of you end up going again this year, actually everyone should share pics of their travels this year.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
they're easy to come by, I worked in an international regulatory lab at the time, so I just grabbed a 'worldwide kit' on my way out the door. :)

plan on doing something every day, don't bother being on the boat for lunch unless the only thing on the itinerary is being on the boat all day.
Even if the day sounds boring, looking at churches and vineyards, get off the boat and go with the tour. I found so many cool things to do and places to eat and people to break bread with...just walking around after the tour. And make friends with the crew. They're young and know where to go for fun and adventure.

Are you going from Basel to Amsterdam?
Amsterdam to Basel.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
I travel anytime I can.
Gonna try to do some several one week trips this year instead of longer things.

Iceland
Belize
US/Canada

Is what I'm thinking
Stay out of Canada. This isn’t a playground for sex tourists.