2020 Grappling Goals

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 603

I hate the "New Year's Resolutions" thing, every year I set goals for myself (usually building off my prior year's success). That all said, what grappling/BJJ goals do you have for yourself?

Mine-
1) Compete at minimum 5 times (with my work/teaching/coaching/age :tearsofjoy: that can be a lot)
2) Compete at a invitation only event ala F2W, or a super fight
3) Compete at the ADCC trials in November (I'll be 44, fuck it, give it a whirl).
4) Compete at Masters Worlds
5) Officially start my Judo belt system training after years of doing judo/sambo without an official ranking.... Then compete in a Judo event.

Those are my Grappling/BJJ goals for 2020, anything you guys have?

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
2020 goals:
Recover from injuries- possibly including surgery on my hand
Get back to training constantly
Get back to competing again

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
My only goal is getting back into it.
My gym canceling day classes and going strictly evening plus life kept me away for too long.

Just waiting for the dust of this pandemic to settle but in the mean time I've signed back up for Keenan Online.

M

member 603

My only goal is getting back into it.
My gym canceling day classes and going strictly evening plus life kept me away for too long.

Just waiting for the dust of this pandemic to settle but in the mean time I've signed back up for Keenan Online.
Just think, the competition field is even now, everyone will be rusty LOL

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
Just think, the competition field is even now, everyone will be rusty LOL
The lower half of the weight divisions will be empty as well. All I see are posts of people used to working out hard 2-3x a day who are now eating like it’s a sport and not working out.

M

member 603

The lower half of the weight divisions will be empty as well. All I see are posts of people used to working out hard 2-3x a day who are now eating like it’s a sport and not working out.
Everyone is either joining Ultra HW or the Absolute division

maurice

Posting Machine
Oct 21, 2015
I'm WFH with 2 middle school kids in a city that is pretty locked down, so I put wrestling mats in the garage.

We're gonna be yoked as fuck and roll over all of you doughy people.

kristian82

Feb 26, 2020
It was already my goal and I hadn't done it yet but to train in the gi more. I've been grappling a long time (about six years) but have trained in the gi less than 10 times. Hopefully my gym reopens and I get the chance to do this.

hankstevenson

Lurker
May 29, 2020
My goal is to:
1) Learn basic BJJ moves and techniques
I had started BJJ in March and barely went through 5 classes and then my gym got closed but im hoping to get to learn atleast basic moves and techniques before 2020 ends.