General 2020 MLB Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
A Reds player has tested positive. Reportedly.
Hopefully it was a false positive like we've seen before.

If it's a true positive, I blame St Louis.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Jesser Winker is having himself an August.

17 for 35
Slash of .486 / .571 / 1.000

5 HRs (all within the last 5 games)

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
The Marlins really are the best team in baseball
It's awesome that they are in 1st place but have played 8 fewer games than the 2nd place team.

MLB hasn't addressed what they will do when teams don't complete the full 60 game season - and there is NO WAY the entire league finishes all 60 games. I think they are waiting to see how fucked this all gets.

The Cardinals are officially in 2nd place in the NL Central because winning percentage dictates standings but they have 7 fewer wins (2-3) than the 3rd place Reds (9-11).

Now the Reds have a positive test - allegedly - and will likely miss some games unless they can contact Gov DeWine's guys and get that test flipped to a negative post haste.

Last edited:
M

member 3289

Boston fans hate life right now.

Red Sox are awful and they will be for a while as their farm system is gutted.

Tom Brady is gone.

And Larry Bird retired a ling time ago.
The only hockey game I ever attended was the Florida Panthers vs the Boston Bruins.

The Panthers beat the shit out of them and the game was over by the end of the second period. A family of Bruins fans (parents and adult child) were seated nearby so I casually asked them if they were Pats fans. The husband in the group enthusiastically answered yes; he assumed I was going to say nice things about how great the Patriots dynasty is.

I proceeded to yell insults about Tom Brady for the rest of the game. Every time someone said "wrong sport" I reminded them that the game was a blowout and added that New England teams just don't do well in South Florida (Brady has a losing record at Dolphins Stadium). I also asked them if the Bruins coach recorded other hockey teams' practices.

By the end of the game, the mother and daughter wanted both wanted to slap me, the husband was pissed but just wanted to get out of the arena, and my wife had nearly walked out at least 3 different times.

I may or may not have been drunk during this experience.

Good times

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Lucas Giolito of the White Sox pitched a no-hitter against the Pirates last night.

9 innings. 14 Ks. 1 BB. 0 Hits

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Pujols passed A-Rod on all time RBI list last night. 2,087 RBI

He now trails only Hammerin' Hank Aaron who has 2,297

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Pujols passed Willie Mays on the all time HR list yesterday. He was tied at 660. Last night he hit 2 to get his all time total to 662, 5th on the list.

Next up: A-Rod @ 696

Fun Fact: Pujols, Hank Aaron and Frank Robinson are the only members in the HR Top 10 list who never hit 50 in a single season.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Pujols is also the all time leader in GDP (grounded into double play)

Next closest all time is Cal Ripken Jr with 350.
Next closest active player is Miguel Cabrera with 320.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Reds clinched a spot for the playoffs.

That means they will be able to get their big 3 starting pitchers full rest so they can wreck shit when it matters.

Trevor Bauer * 0.79 whip
Sonny Gray * 1.22 whip
Luis Castillo * 1.21 whip

Last edited:

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
TTTTTTHHHE YANKEES WIN! 12-3. They beat up on Bieber. They hit him early and often. Cole had 13 K's and no walks through seven full innings. Judge, Stanton, Torres, and Gardy all went yardy.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
My God this Reds @ Braves game.
0-0 in the 13th

Reds pitchers have 21 K's, 12 of which were from future Cy Young winner Trevor Bauer who went 7-2/3.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
The Yankees are headed to San Diego to knockout the #1 seed following a 10-9 nail biting win over the Indians.

Last edited:

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Still pissed at Reds Mgr Bell for pitching to Freeman when it was 1st and 3rd with 1 out in an extra innings game on the road.

That's just dense. The only run that matters is the dude on 3rd. You are better off to have a force at home . You have to walk anyone in the situation, let alone one of the better hitters in baseball.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I really want the Yankees to get eliminated so I don't have to hear clips from their idiot, rhyming announcer on MLB's The Leadoff Spot during my drive to work.

Dude is AWFUL.