General 2020 MLB Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
I really want the Yankees to get eliminated so I don't have to hear clips from their idiot, rhyming announcer on MLB's The Leadoff Spot during my drive to work.

Dude is AWFUL.
The Reds aren't making it past the wildcard series.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I really want the Yankees to get eliminated so I don't have to hear clips from their idiot, rhyming announcer on MLB's The Leadoff Spot during my drive to work.

Dude is AWFUL.
He’s the worst announcer I’ve ever heard, how did he get that job? If he was a Red Sox announcer I would say the same thing. He’s got the worst voice and style of all time. He must be sucking someone’s dick pretty well to have gotten and to have kept that job

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
He’s the worst announcer I’ve ever heard, how did he get that job? If he was a Red Sox announcer I would say the same thing. He’s got the worst voice and style of all time. He must be sucking someone’s dick pretty well to have gotten and to have kept that job
The only redeeming quality he has is that he pisses off fans of other teams just slightly more than he does Yankees fans.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
And that post is a home run.
A Hartonian blast from Robbie.

There are some things money can't buy.
For everything else, there's Master Hart.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Reds can't hit for shit.
About to lose back to back 1-0 games.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
is this short wild card series format specific of coronaseason?

seems unfair IMO as a #1 seed can get knocked out due to a couple bad days.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
is this short wild card series format specific of coronaseason?

seems unfair IMO as a #1 seed can get knocked out due to a couple bad days.
I like it.
If you can't take 2/3 at home you deserve to be knocked out.

Maybe institute some byes next season for the top teams, but I definitely like the extended format.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
If you can't take 2/3 at home you deserve to be knocked out.
makes sense. I didn’t consider home advantages. But even then, baseball is such a matchup oriented sport, I don’t like having a #1 seed after 162 games in a short series like that.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
makes sense. I didn’t consider home advantages. But even then, baseball is such a matchup oriented sport, I don’t like having a #1 seed after 162 games in a short series like that.
Yeah. Maybe a bye for the best 2 teams.
Next 4 play 3 game series with all the games being played at the higher seeded stadium.

Final 4 play traditional playoff home/away baseball:
Best of 5 to make it to league championship.
Best of 7 to make it to World Series.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Yes. I don't like having this many teams get into the postseason, and I don't like the way the teams were selected/ranked, but I like the three game wildcard series.
The 1 game WC game is dumb as shit.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
The tigers are “considering” both aj hinch and Alex Cora as manager

And in other news, the cardinals are about to head out of the post season and think about things for the rest of the year.....

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
The Yankees take game 1 from the Rays 9-3 with HRs from Frazier, Higgy, Judge, and a grand slam from Stanton in the ninth.