General 2020 MLB Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
On a side note, I watched both bullpens warming up and one of the orioles pitchers had a helluva a curve. I was in between him and the catcher about 5 feet away and that curve was just plain unfair as he had that bastard waist high looking like a nice, juicy fastball and it dropped off the table....may have been a sinker for all I know, but how the fuck do you lay off something at that speed when it looked like a great pitch to hit until about 3/4’s of the way there......
It ain't easy.

You can try to pick up the spin but you have less than 1/2 second to do that. And you can't sit on the curve because you'll never catch up to the fastball.

It's difficult. Unless - you know - someone tells you what's coming. If that were to happen, hitting gets much easier.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
On a side note, I watched both bullpens warming up and one of the orioles pitchers had a helluva a curve. I was in between him and the catcher about 5 feet away and that curve was just plain unfair as he had that bastard waist high looking like a nice, juicy fastball and it dropped off the table....may have been a sinker for all I know, but how the fuck do you lay off something at that speed when it looked like a great pitch to hit until about 3/4’s of the way there......
You listen for the clang of a trash can.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Super bummed.

We're gonna have 2-3 weeks with zero sports in this country.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Super bummed.

Typically every year there are two days where there is no NBA, MLB, NHL, or NFL. Those two days are always the day before, and the day after the MLB All Star Game.

Just a little sports trivia. Talking sports trivia will probably be taking the place of talking current sports :/

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Whataburger is so much better than In and Out. Bigger burgers and imo better tasting, and a much wider variety of options to choose from.
never had either

we have 5 guys but that is it other than the usual suspects

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Super bummed.

I only watch NFL and MMA last 10 years...used to love NBA and MLB also
but I feel ya...so odd

seems like a large percentage of dudes watch some sort of sports daily...and the pickens are slim now

Rewatch your old favorites and remember the good times...gonna fall asleep to broncos 2015 playoffs next few nights for the normal

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
I had to use google to find this thread. Previously I simply would type in mlb in the search area and could easily pull up the thread.

Does the same thing happen to you guys? What happens if you type in mlb and then hit search?

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
I had to use google to find this thread. Previously I simply would type in mlb in the search area and could easily pull up the thread.

Does the same thing happen to you guys? What happens if you type in mlb and then hit search?
Same. I had to search "MLB 2020 Thread" and check the titles only box to find it. I blame Splinty @Splinty.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
That's the key to pretty much every search on here. Somehow it only finds really really weird unrelated stuff unless you click that box.
I think Splinty @Splinty is just fucking with us.
It's random as shit with what works and what doesn't

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
There's definitely been a change in how the search function works. I was unsure if it was just me.