General 2020 MLB Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
You're crazy if you think he'd make it to the pros in today's game.
I've watched worse hitters play in MLB in recent memories.

I'm aware of that, but I'm talking about disconnecting fielding and hitting as a whole.
Your starting lineup would consist of 9 people in the field and 9 guys that hit. Fielders don't have to hit. Hitters don't have to field.
Personally, the idea doesn't appeal to me.

Obviously you'd have to expand the rosters, but if we're gonna blow this shit up by having the NL switch to DH - then let's blow it up.
NL doesn't have to switch. They're just allowed to switch now.

Personally, I like the 8 man batting lineup where there are no pitchers hitting or DH's. Only full time 2 way players.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
I agree having the pitcher come to bat can be a bit anticlimactic, but having a huge hole in the lineup creates the part of baseball I like the most: Strategy.

If the DH makes sense, why not just make offensive and defensive players? I'm sure there are a ton of slick fielding players that have MLB-caliber defensive skills but can't hit for shit. And, to a lesser extent, I'm sure there are some dudes that can absolutely crush the ball but can't field for shit so they aren't on a roster.

If the DH makes sense to keep pitchers from hitting, wouldn't it also make sense for other position players?

If Ozzie Smith came up in today's game, he'd never make a roster. His .262 / .337 / .328 wouldn't even get him to a 3A team. But there is no denying his defensive talent was one of the best the game has ever seen.
Lay off the sauce gramps, its making you go senile.

The Wizard has 2500 hits, 13 gold gloves and a career WAR of 76.9. What he lacked in batting average he made up for with his defense. There is a reason he was a first ballot HOFer.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Lay off the sauce gramps, its making you go senile.

The Wizard has 2500 hits, 13 gold gloves and a career WAR of 76.9. What he lacked in batting average he made up for with his defense. There is a reason he was a first ballot HOFer.
If he was in a housefire armed with nothing but a bat he'd die because he wouldn't have enough power to break a window.

Did some awesome backflips though.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
If he was in a housefire armed with nothing but a bat he'd die because he wouldn't have enough power to break a window.

Did some awesome backflips though.
I forgot power is the only measure of being a successful player. He had power when he needed it

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
She's probably a smoke show
Yes, she is certainly hot as shit
She’s a sweetheart of a person.....unassuming and humble as fuck
They have known each other since they were kids and she also attended Michigan.....he’s also a good egg by all accounts of the other hairdressers.....

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
well I can't send him the one you sent me. It's all blury.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Leave it to Florida

The Marlins now have 13 cases of The Rona. Their game tonight against the Orioles has been postponed, along with the Yankees @ Philly game (Marlins just played Philly).

Too many of these and we won't have a season.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Ohtani faced 6 batters in his start last night:

3 hits, 3 walks, 5 earned runs.
He was pulled before recording an out.

You know what that means...
His ERA is currently infinity.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
I love playing baseball (took my kids to play this weekend) but it boring to watch although Korean baseball looks like fun...
6c5d6e998603e8c2f1acfe4f3fa4d0d9.giflu14yx22shg41.jpgbaseball-girl-e1493886030466.jpgBaseballGirl.png