Sports 2021 MLB Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Only 3 teams have scored 40+ runs so far this season.

Astros
Dodgers
Reds

Dodgers and Astros have played 6 games; the Reds only 5.

Yeah - it helps that the Reds have played the scrubs of the NL (Cardinals, Pirates) - but I love what I'm seeing with the offense so far.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
Only 3 teams have scored 40+ runs so far this season.

Astros
Dodgers
Reds

Dodgers and Astros have played 6 games; the Reds only 5.

Yeah - it helps that the Reds have played the scrubs of the NL (Cardinals, Pirates) - but I love what I'm seeing with the offense so far.
Ah, that week one hope that turns into mid-season swearing.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Ah, that week one hope that turns into mid-season swearing.
Another game. Another beat down.
11-4

Reds with a .833 winning percentage
Cardinals barely hanging on to .500

Last edited:

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Javier for Astros is mowing them down.
After 2, he's faced 6 batters and has 5 K's.

Game is on MLB Network.
It is so nice seeing fans back in the stands.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Hauler guarantee -
When the time is right, Miami will make sure Conforto takes one in the ribs for this.

Loving the Reds season so far. I haven't been the best fan in recent years but, how the Fuck is Votto still playing. I'm surprised the Yankees haven't nabbed him up by now.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Loving the Reds season so far. I haven't been the best fan in recent years but, how the Fuck is Votto still playing. I'm surprised the Yankees haven't nabbed him up by now.
Reds would unload him if they could, but nobody is going to take that contract with his diminishing skills. He is making $25m a year through 2023; team option of $20m in 2024 or a $7m buyout.

He hit .261 w/ 15 HR in 2019 and .226 w/ 11 HR in 2020

He's changed his approach this year and says he's going to be more aggressive and ***?*** hit away from the shift. It's always pissed me off that a guy who can foul off pitches ON PURPOSE refused to hit away from the shift or even throw a bunt down. I think it's because his idol Ted Williams ignored the shift and had plenty of success. Votto is (was?) a great hitter, but he isn't Ted Williams

Reds would unload him if they could, but nobody is going to take that contract with his diminishing skills. He is making $25m a year through 2023; team option of $20m in 2024 or a $7m buyout.

He hit .261 w/ 15 HR in 2019 and .226 w/ 11 HR in 2020

He's changed his approach this year and says he's going to be more aggressive and ***?*** hit away from the shift. It's always pissed me off that a guy who can foul off pitches ON PURPOSE refused to hit away from the shift or even throw a bunt down. I think it's because his idol Ted Williams ignored the shift and had plenty of success. Votto is (was?) a great hitter, but he isn't Ted Williams
From looking at the line up and bullpen briefly, he has to be the oldest guy on the roster now. I played fantasy for the first time last year and nobody had him on their roster at all lol.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
From looking at the line up and bullpen briefly, he has to be the oldest guy on the roster now. I played fantasy for the first time last year and nobody had him on their roster at all lol.
He's 37
Definitely the oldest.

I don't mean to shit on Votto, but he needs to produce if the Reds are going to keep him in that 3 hole.

So far this season I like what I see. He's hit a few shots that just happened to be right at people. Hopefully the hits come.

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
Seattle was able to bounce back today after getting crushed by the Twins on Thursday. It’s going to be a long season for them.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
On Tuesday, Yankees traded for Rougned Odor - who had a falling out with Rangers management and didn't make the roster due to "baseball reasons". Due to Covid protocols he wasn't able to play for the Yanks until this weekend.

Yankees have a "no beard" policy, so...

View: https://twitter.com/Yankees_Empire/status/1381476206223228941?s=19

He looks like a different dude.
He went 1 for 5 with a RBI and a run scored in his debut. Batted 6th.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
On Tuesday, Yankees traded for Rougned Odor - who had a falling out with Rangers management and didn't make the roster due to "baseball reasons". Due to Covid protocols he wasn't able to play for the Yanks until this weekend.

Yankees have a "no beard" policy, so...

View: https://twitter.com/Yankees_Empire/status/1381476206223228941?s=19

He looks like a different dude.
He went 1 for 5 with a RBI and a run scored in his debut. Batted 6th.
Gosh that beard was disgusting

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Redsox @ Twins game cancelled due to police shooting in MN.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Hell of a comeback by the Redlegs yesterday.

Down to their last out in the 9th, CLE 1B Naylor did his best Bill Buckner impersonation and what should have been an easy ground out to end the game the Reds had a shot with a man on 2nd and 2 out. That's all the Reds needed - Winker followed with a single off of fireballer Emmanuel Clase (who throws GAS), which knocked in the run to tie it up 2-2.

Reds won it in the 10th on a Tyler Stephenson single.

Play of the Game: CLE had men on the corners with 0 out and the Reds turned a triple play. Huge.

View: https://twitter.com/i/status/1383556772854521856