General 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Ok, I am tracking ya

Hypothetically if placed at the 20...what would the down and yardage situation be? The fumble could have occurred on 1st 2nd 3rd, or 4th down...so what exact situation should the offense be placed in after fumbling.

I have a hard time not penalizing the offense with a turnover when they in fact turned the ball over(fumbled)
Don’t have an answer on that, but what did the defense recover? Maybe you can make them go with loss of down and put it at the 20 or original line, but not the defense getting it…..or if they get the ball for doing nothing but watching a ball roll out of bounds, their offense starts at the 2 yard line

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
Offense gets the ball back. Ball goes back to original line of scrimmage, or back to the 10 if the previous line if scrimmage was inside the 10. Loss of down.
Loss of down is fair, but not loss of the ball.

M

member 3289

Appalachian state beating Miami
???????
They're consistently ranked in the top 25 nearly every season for the past 10 years. Not once have they been a top 25 team.

University of Miami freshmen hadn't been born yet the last time the Hurricanes even went to the national championship game.

They are easily the most overrated team in college football history.

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
don’t know why I had it in but just watched a crazy finish by Jacksonville st last play Td to beat fla st

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Ok thanks
I will think about that one

I need a penalty for the Fumble
A stiff penalty, its a damn fumble!!

I'm a defense guy though so that explains a lot...
A fumble out of bounds at the 1" line is placed at the 1" line. A fumble that goes out of bounds 1" inside the goal is a loss of possession.

As is, it's too harsh of a penalty.

Last edited:
M

member 3289

You know it's a mediocre day in terms of matchups when the Hurricanes are on ABC.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
I think Penn St beats Auburn. I am hoping they embarrass them

I am not rooting for Alabama per see but I would love to see Florida get embarrassed.

UGA wins but I don't think they cover that massive 31 point line. I would love to see it though.

M

member 3289

I hope not!

I really don't think so. Their strength is on defense and between how great Alabama's offense is and how incompetent Florida's DC it is negated.
Florida's offense will have nothing consistent on Alabama's D
Mostly accurate so far apart from Florida's offense having nothing.

Florida is playing pretty well. They're just outmatched.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
Mostly accurate so far apart from Florida's offense having nothing.

Florida is playing pretty well. They're just outmatched.
They have made a few more plays than expected

but they are still down 12 with only a minute left in the 3rd. the line was -15 so Alabama just needs a FG to cover

and as I was typing Florida with a big pass to get 1st and goal and then a TD so lol

M

member 3289

They have made a few more plays than expected

but they are still down 12 with only a minute left in the 3rd. the line was -15 so Alabama just needs a FG to cover

and as I was typing Florida with a big pass to get 1st and goal and then a TD so lol
That Florida drive was impressive considering how it started.

The defense still can't force a punt from Alabama though.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
Very impressed with Florida. Exceeded expectations. Is Alabama not as good as expected or did Florida just make them look mortal?