General 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
Halftime thoughts?
have not watched any, too enthralled with this UGA game

Auburn has played two of the weakest teams in all of CFB going into tonight's game. And I hate Auburn. So easy for me to pick against them
But I see it is 14-10
I believe the line was pretty close, PSU by a few maybe? So a tight game seems right

M

member 3289

have not watched any, too enthralled with this UGA game

Auburn has played two of the weakest teams in all of CFB going into tonight's game. And I hate Auburn. So easy for me to pick against them
But I see it is 14-10
I believe the line was pretty close, PSU by a few maybe? So a tight game seems right
You scared of Florida now?

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
You scared of Florida now?
certainly a bit warier than prior to today
thankfully have a while before they play UGA, will know if they just maxed out today or if they are legit. Emory had multiple INT in both week 1 and week 2.
but this UGA team is looking pretty good in all facets so barring something incredible between now and then UGA will be the favorite

M

member 3289

Auburn forced to punt. Not good considering the Nittany Lions stormed down the field last drive.

9 minutes or so left.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
It annoys me how bad college kickers are.

It's the position with the most glaring skill gap when you compare college and pro ball.
as someone who has never played football, and certainly never kicked a football, I am still amazed at how bad the average kicker is
I am sure it is just that hard but it seems not enough coaches even put kickers on scholarship. And why don't they pursue ex-rugby or soccer players?

M

member 3289

as someone who has never played football, and certainly never kicked a football, I am still amazed at how bad the average kicker is
I am sure it is just that hard but it seems not enough coaches even put kickers on scholarship. And why don't they pursue ex-rugby or soccer players?
The Gators have an Australian kicker I believe. Not sure if he's ex-rugby but I'd assume so.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
and all you need is someone who can kick

so someone who was a good soccer player but not good enough to play Div I

I am sure a lot of DII soccer players can kick better than Div I CFB FG kickers. I know some will stay DII because they love soccer. But they are not getting a full-ride on DII so some will take that. Especially with NIL now

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
you are correct
There are more and more it’s just you don’t hear the story behind them and maybe the big schools don’t want to say he played soccer because that’s not a good sport to be associated with from a macho point of view