General 2021 NFL Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

GOAT

Nov 17, 2021
Put Herbert on this Miami team and they are Super Bowl contenders. That defense is no joke.
Put Herbert, Justin Jefferson and Jonathan Taylor place of Tua, Austin Jackson and Igbinoghene, and they’re a fucking Super Bowl contender. Adding Waddle in 2021 makes that a potential dynasty offense to go along with a sick defense. Sadly, not only were Grier and Flores not on the same page, they were on two completely different books.

GOAT

Nov 17, 2021
For the o-line:

Instead of pissing money away on Will Fuller, Kyle Von Noy, and Shaq Lawson, spend that shit on a combo of Joe Thuney, Corey Linsley or Jack Conklin

GOAT

Nov 17, 2021
Shame. I feel he is a pretty good coach, and was let down to a degree by the front office.
Good on the defensive side of the ball. I’ll even say great there. However, he desperately needs to work on assembling a coaching staff on the offensive side. He had 4 different offensive coordinators and 4 different offensive line coaches in three seasons. I know some of Grier’s picks look like misses, however development is going to be badly stunted regardless with that much turnover and turmoil.

Also, he’s not the easiest to deal with. Don’t get it twisted, even the nicest coaches in the league who players will run through walls for have a major asshole side to them and aren’t afraid to use it. You have to. If you don’t, like Steve Wilks, you end up with Wilks Head Coaching career. There’s a line between complete hardass and unbearable. Bill Belichick’s players are never going to sing kumbaya and do family game night with him, and probably call him a bastard behind his back. However, if (strictly hypothetically here), he were fired tomorrow, every single one of them would have his back and sing his praises. When Flo got canned, know how many players or coaches spoke on his behalf? One. Byron Jones, who never has a cross word to say of anyone. That tells you everything. Point blank, he rubbed a LOT of people the wrong way in three years and made far more enemies than allies. He carries a huge chip on his shoulder and a “my way or no way” mindset. Keep this noted, his old boss isn’t even that brash, and if anyone could be, it’s him.

People also don’t realize exactly how damn close Flo was to being fired after the Jaguar loss. Had there been an adequate coach who could take over on an interim basis and not a bunch of guys under Brian’s thumb, he probably would have been. I’m fully convinced the decision was made then however. Had they made the playoffs, would he have saved his job? I honestly think it would have delayed the inevitable. However, he would have been gone in the first sign of trouble in 2022.

Last edited:

GOAT

Nov 17, 2021
As for potential replacements, everyone mentioning Jim Harbaugh in the “media” can stop. Ross loves Michigan, his Alma mater, as much as anything. He’s not poaching their football coach, even though some Michigan fans wish he would.

I sincerely doubt Ross and Grier go down the coordinator route again. If they do, the name Brian Daboll is the one who makes the most sense. I’m convinced they’re sticking with Tagovaiola next year (had Flo remained, Tua would have been gone along with quite a few others). Daboll had a huge hand in developing Josh Allen in Buffalo AND he has history with Tua at Alabama. He also has familiarity with the Dolphins organization. Makes too much sense. Yet, I think they go proven. That brings two names to the table.. Jim Caldwell and Doug Pederson.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
As for potential replacements, everyone mentioning Jim Harbaugh in the “media” can stop. Ross loves Michigan, his Alma mater, as much as anything. He’s not poaching their football coach, even though some Michigan fans wish he would.

I sincerely doubt Ross and Grier go down the coordinator route again. If they do, the name Brian Daboll is the one who makes the most sense. I’m convinced they’re sticking with Tagovaiola next year (had Flo remained, Tua would have been gone along with quite a few others). Daboll had a huge hand in developing Josh Allen in Buffalo AND he has history with Tua at Alabama. He also has familiarity with the Dolphins organization. Makes too much sense. Yet, I think they go proven. That brings two names to the table.. Jim Caldwell and Doug Pederson.
If you want to always blow games you should win and only beat your rivals 1 out of every 10 years or so, you should definitely grab Harbaugh.

Check that. Leave him be you cocksuckers. He's perfectly happy at Michigan. :)

GOAT

Nov 17, 2021
The Texans just fired David Culley after just one season. Kinda a shitty deal. He really to a degree overachieved there. That team sucks on offense and defense. Mills and Nico Collins showed major progress and Cooks looked good. The rest of the team he inherited was a flaming trash heap. Should have never won the games they did, so for a dude who never was even a coordinator, let alone a head coach at any level, he did as good as to be expected— maybe even overachieved. Hell of a nice guy too. Incredibly good person.

Me thinks they might be going after Flores. However, he supposedly wanted more control in Miami. I know he has history with Nick Caserio and Jack Easterby and they all got along well. Perhaps he gets a fair amount more say there and the issue was between he and Chris Grier?

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Listen up. Because here's the fucking news...

Bengals break the Bo Jackson curse today.

Back in 1991, the Bengals beat the Oilers in a Wild Card game 41-14.
In the next round of the playoffs, they faced the Raiders in Los Angeles. In the 3rd quarter, Bo Jackson broke for a 34 yard run and he was tackled by LB Kevin Walker. That tackle broke Bo Jackson's hip and ended his career, and it marked the beginning of Cincinnati's ineptitude in the playoffs. Not only did they lose that game, they have lost every playoff game since. Officially 8 games in a row.

Punishment for ending the career of one of the most exciting RBs in NFL history? Obviously.
I accept that. But we've done our time. 31 years is long enough.

This afternoon that curse ends. And it fittingly ends against the Raiders who aren't in LA any more. Or Oakland for that matter.

It's time for a Bengals playoff win.

It happens today. And it happens big.
Bengals 28
Raiders 17

I warn you...
If the Bengals win - I will be unbearable.
If the Bengals lose - I will be unbearable.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I just took a call from my buddy. He's been down there tailgating since 7 AM. He's almost 8 hours in. LMAO.
I don't know that he'll remember the game, but he's having a good time.

Jungle is going to be rocking. That's for sure.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
I’ve been critical of Burrow since he entered the draft. They say it takes a big person to admit when they’re wrong. I not a big person very often. However, Burrow has been playing his ass off. I can’t deny that. All i can do is hope that it ends today. Fuck the Bengals. Hopefully Carr can work his magic one more time.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I'm worried about Crosby getting to Burrow.
I'm worried about our LBs matching up against Waller.

Establish Mixon and get some short shots to TE Uzomah and Boyd/Higgins. Assume their focus qwill be on Chase. Let them take away the deep ball. Dink and dunk them to a living death.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I’ve been critical of Burrow since he entered the draft. They say it takes a big person to admit when they’re wrong. I not a big person very often. However, Burrow has been playing his ass off. I can’t deny that. All i can do is hope that it ends today. Fuck the Bengals. Hopefully Carr can work his magic one more time.
coming back from his injury to perform this well is some badass shit
Dude has a lot of character
Funny as fuck also

1642283852232.png