Sports 2022-2023 College Football Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Way premature as we have 3 months before the season begins. But I wanted to see if anyone else follows recruiting. Hauler @Hauler - check this shit out. I dont know if it's NIL money or what, but the 2023 class Satterfield is putting together is unlike anything that I've witnessed in 35 yrs of following the program. Getting a 5 star is extremely rare for us. Getting this many 4 stars is as well. To put it into perspective, we have (4) Top 200 kids (2 in the Top 50) in this class. We only had (4) Top 200 kids in the past 13 classes combined. A 91+ player average for us, is crazy. I dont know if this class will hold up until signing day, but I am hyped for this staff.

UL recruiting.png

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Week 1 Schedule:

Thursday, Sept 1
West Virginia vs Pitt
Purdue vs Penn St

Friday, Sept 2
Illinois vs Indiana
TCU vs Colorado

Saturday, Sept 3
Cincy vs Arkansas @ 3:30pm ET
Oregon vs Georgia @ 3:30pm ET
Kentucky vs Miami OH @ 7pm ET
Notre Dame vs Ohio St @ 7:30pm ET
Louisville vs Syracuse @ 8pm ET

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Love college foosball

so does that Texas star kid, can’t find his name on here, but love that kid’s passion for the game

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Week 1 Schedule:

Thursday, Sept 1
West Virginia vs Pitt
Purdue vs Penn St

Friday, Sept 2
Illinois vs Indiana
TCU vs Colorado

Saturday, Sept 3
Cincy vs Arkansas @ 3:30pm ET
Oregon vs Georgia @ 3:30pm ET
Kentucky vs Miami OH @ 7pm ET
Notre Dame vs Ohio St @ 7:30pm ET
Louisville vs Syracuse @ 8pm ET
Some great games to open up

Oregon Georgia is cool
I love me some SEC football

Can't wait for football to return

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
UCLA and USC considering a move to the B1G as soon as 2024.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
UCLA and USC considering a move to the B1G as soon as 2024.
I think the PAC 12 and Big 12 wont exist in a couple of years. We’ll have 3 power conferences…ACC, SEC, B1G, and they may even break off to do their own thing without the NCAA at some point.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Keep an eye on Fresno state

My, one time or 2 ex “friend”, has a nephew there who moved from CAL to follow his coach

Playing with a dart throwing QB

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Keep an eye on Fresno state

My, one time or 2 ex “friend”, has a nephew there who moved from CAL to follow his coach

Playing with a dart throwing QB
This isn’t Road House, Throbert. Dalton isn’t gonna come out and lead Fresno to a championship. So settle down, Francis. Football is played in the ACC…Tobacco Road.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
1) what a stupid fucking OP to start the thread. let's start by celebrating the national champions before we discuss fucking Notre Dame recruiting, ok?
2) unrelated but Go Dawgs!
3) I have two Clemson season tickets for sale if anyone is interested.
4) Oregon v UGA should be a fun way to start the season
5) way too early to take recruiting too seriously but Notre Dame is entering uncharted territory in the modern era. It will be interesting to see how it plays out
6) There are some entertaining and exciting new head coaches this season. Going to be fun to see who exceeds expectations and who fails
7) With conference realignment I don't see the ACC maintaining unless something drastic changes. They cannot survive if they are making $70 million less per school every season. The Big 12 is in a better position than the ACC, by far. They must find a way to renegotiate their tv media deal
8) Alabama is going to buttfuck, raw and no rub, A&M when they meet up
9) USCw will be interesting this season. They won't win a playoff game or anything, and they will need to recruit linemen on both sides ASAP if they don't want to crash and burn in a season or two, but CFB is better when there are good teams around the country.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
1) what a stupid fucking OP to start the thread. let's start by celebrating the national champions before we discuss fucking Notre Dame recruiting, ok?
2) unrelated but Go Dawgs!
4) Oregon v UGA should be a fun way to start the season
5) way too early to take recruiting too seriously but Notre Dame is entering uncharted territory in the modern era. It will be interesting to see how it plays out
6) There are some entertaining and exciting new head coaches this season. Going to be fun to see who exceeds expectations and who fails
7) With conference realignment I don't see the ACC maintaining unless something drastic changes. They cannot survive if they are making $70 million less per school every season. The Big 12 is in a better position than the ACC, by far. They must find a way to renegotiate their tv media deal
9) USCw will be interesting this season. They won't win a playoff game or anything, and they will need to recruit linemen on both sides ASAP if they don't want to crash and burn in a season or two, but CFB is better when there are good teams around the country.

2) unrelated but Go Dawgs! They're going to be a handful again this year.

4) Oregon v UGA should be a fun way to start the season Agreed and I cant wait

5) way too early to take recruiting too seriously but Notre Dame is entering uncharted territory in the modern era. It will be interesting to see how it plays out Their 2023 class is shaping up to be ridiculous.

6) There are some entertaining and exciting new head coaches this season. Going to be fun to see who exceeds expectations and who fails. Yes sir

7) With conference realignment I don't see the ACC maintaining unless something drastic changes. They cannot survive if they are making $70 million less per school every season. The Big 12 is in a better position than the ACC, by far. They must find a way to renegotiate their tv media deal When I created this thread, I thought the ACC would be good. Now I dont feel that way, at all. I agree with your opinion here. They have to do something with TV rights/money.

:tearsofjoy:

Be interesting to see how they do this year. Their recruiting is certainly on fire.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Game 1
Note Dame @ tOSU

Can't wait.
I cant wait either man. It's been a long summer and I am ready for college football. Some great games to kick off the season.

BTW - Ohio State's 2023 recruiting class is ridiculous.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Spring practice begins this Wednesday.

26 days to kickoff on 8/27

Hauler @Hauler - you doing anything special for the Notre Dame vs Ohio St game? We're having a big cookout on 9/3. Going to hang multiple TV's out on the deck, play some cornhole & beersbee. Smoke a pork shoulder and grill some wings. Plenty of beer.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Spring practice begins this Wednesday.

26 days to kickoff on 8/27

Hauler @Hauler - you doing anything special for the Notre Dame vs Ohio St game? We're having a big cookout on 9/3. Going to hang multiple TV's out on the deck, play some cornhole & beersbee. Smoke a pork shoulder and grill some wings. Plenty of beer.
We always go camping that weekend and since it was a night game we had plans to watch it by the bonfire on a projector. Epicness overload.

But then one of my idiot cousins decided to pick that day to get fucking married. I am not happy. At all.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
We always go camping that weekend and since it was a night game we had plans to watch it by the bonfire on a projector. Epicness overload.

But then one of my idiot cousins decided to pick that day to get fucking married. I am not happy. At all.
I can't stand people who plan weddings on big sports days...Kentucky Derby, opening weekend for college football & NFL, UK vs UofL football or basketball games. Fucking idiots man.