Sports 2022-2023 College Football Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
I am also for four 16-team conferences with no divisions and 9 conference games. I prefer 5 major conferences with 9 games and no divisions but I think we end up with more quality football with four conferences. Let's be honest, with the direction of CFB and the money there are a lot of schools that want to play football from decades ago and some that want to be NFL Lite. They should not be on the same level. Expand G5, contract our current version of P5, and let it all work out.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
more cfb, sure
but we don't have 4 good teams this year. how do we say we have 12 good teams? I absolutely hate any conference champion getting a pass to the playoff. Or a bye or home-field advantage. IF we expand, and I am vehemently against it, take the top 12.

I can't think of a single year where anyone said "man, I know we are ranked 16th but if we were in a playoff we would win the natty!"

And winning the natty is the goal. We want the best. We have a short season. Expanding the playoffs leads to chaos, not a better champion.

Oh, and this helps with parity? just like the playoffs would stop the SEC dominance. Three different SEC teams have won a title in the 8 years of the playoff. The transfer portal will help stop SEC dominance. NIL will help stop SEC dominance. And who is currently #1, and up 35-7 at the half in their CCG? How did the Pac-12 and Big 12 do?

Let's see how happy people are when the SEC has 4 teams out of the 12. When 2-3 of the final 4 are SEC teams. Because literally, every change made to slow the SEC down has only created a larger divide. Do you think Oregon, Clemson, Utah, etc in the playoffs this year would matter? I already saw those teams vs the SEC this season.

Sure, almost guarantee UGA and Alabama make the playoffs every single year. That will help parity. Especially in a year when everyone agrees there are not 4 teams worthy of being ranked in the top 4
I want chaos! I want more football. I love to see different match ups on neutral fields when the game means something. The bowl games are becoming more and more meaningless, with players sitting out, etc. This should help make what would have been some of those bowl games, now competitive and intriguing. I'd love to see Utah vs Alabama this year, in a CFB game, for example. Or Clemson vs Oregon. Just makes it fun for me as a fan.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I am also for four 16-team conferences with no divisions and 9 conference games. I prefer 5 major conferences with 9 games and no divisions but I think we end up with more quality football with four conferences. Let's be honest, with the direction of CFB and the money there are a lot of schools that want to play football from decades ago and some that want to be NFL Lite. They should not be on the same level. Expand G5, contract our current version of P5, and let it all work out.
This I can buy into. I just hope Louisville doesnt get left out lol.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
love to see different match ups on neutral fields when the game means something. The bowl games are becoming more and more meaningless, with players sitting out, etc
they had value until the playoffs. expanding the playoffs just removes even more value from the remaining bowls.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
they had value until the playoffs. expanding the playoffs just removes even more value from the remaining bowls.
That's true, but when you get outside of the Orange, Sugar, Fiesta, Rose and 3-4 other bowls it's pretty meh right now anyway. Based on what I hear, I think the Orange, Sugar, Fiesta, and Rose are now going to become 1st Rd playoff games. So is it really that much different? Just now those teams will be eligible for the CFP.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
And, in addition to my 9-game conference schedule with no divisions I propose 2 P5 OOC opponents. I don't care if they are home-home or neutral-site one-offs. The end result is more of those games.
I also propose 1) you can only schedule up/down one level. So no UGA vs FCS teams 2) if a team chooses to schedule down for that 12th game it should, when possible, be vs an in-state team. Keep the revenue local 3) start the season a week earlier and add an extra bye.

Then, you can have a 4 team playoff, closer to even scheduling, and a shit ton of regular season OOC games with incredible value

Last edited:

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
Two more games, UGA. Two more wins. It would complete one of the best two-game runs in the history of CFB with the potential to make it the greatest three-year run.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Lost my early parlay. Need Michigan to win here to collect on my other one.

92674377-CF18-4607-B45E-7771A109D341.jpeg

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Saturday, 12/31:

Peach Bowl in Atlanta:
(1) UGA vs (4) tOSU

Fiesta Bowl in Arizona
(2) TTUN vs (3) TCU

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
Man, the CFB gods hate Ohio St

First, they get sexually assaulted at home. Now they're being forced to travel and bend over for the biggest dick in CFB

Maybe it's their kink?

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Man, the CFB gods hate Ohio St

First, they get sexually assaulted at home. Now they're being forced to travel and bend over for the biggest dick in CFB

Maybe it's their kink?
UGA early 7 point favorites.

Given how they layed an egg against TTUN, I'm not expecting much but hopefully it's a good game.

Having the RBs healthy will be nice.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
UGA are early 7-point favorites.

Given how they laid an egg against TTUN, I'm not expecting much but hopefully, it's a good game.

Having the RBs healthy will be nice.
being serious, this is def. the matchup UGA wanted least. USCw or TCU would be easy. The time off, the motivation, tOSU getting healthy at skill positions culminate in a bad matchup for the #1 team. Being #1 should be rewarded, not punished. But it should be a great game. UGA needs not to get behind early, tOSU needs to be explosive early. Whoever wins that wins the game, IMO.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Out of respect for sir pixalot, how long has it been since Ohio state last beat Michigan. We need a constant counter for this.

I do miss the aloof battles between him and Hauler @Hauler ,they were great

Much respect to mix somewhere up above, the guy delivered some fun Michigan talk and would have given anything to “one up” hauler

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Out of respect for sir pixalot, how long has it been since Ohio state last beat Michigan. We need a constant counter for this.

I do miss the aloof battles between him and Hauler @Hauler ,they were great

Much respect to mix somewhere up above, the guy delivered some fun Michigan talk and would have given anything to “one up” hauler
He would have enjoyed their two wins in a row, that's for sure.

And I would have gladly accepted my punishment due if it meant he was still around.

Last edited:

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
I was surprised that Colorado is where he went but not going to bet against him being successful there

Wild @Wild i see you just lost your HC

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I was surprised that Colorado is where he went but not going to bet against him being successful there

Wild @Wild i see you just lost your HC
Rumor around here is Cincy is going to hire him.

If that happens, he'll coach against his old team in 12 days.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
He would have enjoyed their two wins in a row, that's for sure.

And I would have gladly accepted my punishment due if it meant he was still around.
He would have probably had a major orgasm making you eat your words
I would pay to watch you two go to a war without ever quoting a reply but bitching at each other ?. Probably some of the best shit talking I’ve seen from two people who would not acknowledge the other but kept taking “subtle” ko shots trying to instigate the other