General 2022/23 NCAA Basketball Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
The season kicked off last week. Some decent games have already gone down.

Unranked Michigan State almost pulled off the upset against #2 Gonzaga yesterday. Zags ended up winning 64-63.

#21 Oregon lost to UC Irvine 69-56. LMAO.

Bellarmine beat Louisville 67-66. Sorry Wild @Wild

On Tuesday, some HUGE games:
  • #4 Kentucky vs Michigan State 7PM
  • #7 Duke vs #5 Kansas 9:30 PM

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Temple beat #16 Villanova and their fans stormed the court - TWICE. Everyone thought the game was over but there was a foul with .2 seconds left on the clock.

They cleared the floor for the foul shots - I'm assuming - to make sure people in the betting community didn't lose their shit.
The o/u was 133.5
66-64 (first court storm) is 130
68-64 (final score) is 132 - so if someone sold the o/u down 2 points to 131.5, that changes the outcome of the bet.
And if that last second 3 pointer from Nova goes in (prob not possible with .2 remaining) - that's an outright OVER winner @ 135.

Bottom line - Don't think for a second that the refs aren't aware of the final lines in the game they are officiating.

LOL @ the stadium announcer:
"PLEASE CLEAR THE FLOOR! THE GAME IS NOT OVER!!!"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v2-tjc-JH8

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
The Zags/Spartans game was played on the USS Abraham Lincoln

1668269398191.png

USS Abraham Lincoln:
  • Launched in 1988
  • Cost: $6.4 billion in today's dollars
  • On the way to its 1991 Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm deployment, it was detoured as part of a 23-ship armada that assisted in evacuating 45,000 military people stationed in the Phillipines when Mt Pinatuba erupted. This military evacuation was the largest peace-time effort in history.
  • Collided with USS Sacremento in The Persian Gulf in 1995
  • This was the ship where President GW Bush famously claimed "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" in 2003
  • In 2018 - scenes from Top Gun: Maverick were filmed on the ship.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
The season kicked off last week. Some decent games have already gone down.

Unranked Michigan State almost pulled off the upset against #2 Gonzaga yesterday. Zags ended up winning 64-63.

#21 Oregon lost to UC Irvine 69-56. LMAO.

Bellarmine beat Louisville 67-66. Sorry Wild @Wild

On Tuesday, some HUGE games:
  • #4 Kentucky vs Michigan State 7PM
  • #7 Duke vs #5 Kansas 9:30 PM
We are absolutely pitiful this year dude. I’m talking I don’t think we win 10 games…that bad. There’s some talent on the team (couple 5 stars, couple 4 stars) but this is a whole new staff, with no head coaching experience, and 7 new players. There’s no chemistry, they don’t play fundamental defense, we only have 1 PG. One. He plays 38 min a game and he’s really more of a combo guard than he is a PG. Going to be a long season brother. Next year probably won’t be much better either.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Texas smoked #2 Gonzaga last night.
93-74

Earlier this week:
Spartans beat Kentucky 86-77 in 2OT

Kansas def Duke 69-64

On Sunday night Kentucky plays Gonzaga. I will def have one eye on that game while watching SNF

Louisville is 0-3
Losses to Bellarmine, Wright State and Appalachian St

I'd laugh but my Bearcats lost to Northern Kentucky last night. Cincy only scored 11 points in the 2nd half. Eleven points! For fucks sake that's sad. In the 2nd half they went 3/28 from the field and 1/6 from the FT line. Pathetic.

Last edited:

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Louisville is now 0-5 with losses to Bellarmine, Wright St, App St (all at home), Arkansas (blowout), and Texas Tech (bigger blowout).

Our AD caved to the woke mob in Louisville...a certain segment of alumni & community who were screaming for Kenny Payne. It has been a disaster.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Hauler @Hauler - we may not win 1 game this year, and I am being serious. From a National Championship in 2013 to this. The NCAA gave us the death penalty without giving us the death penalty. It's going to take 5-6-7 years to dig out of this.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Hauler @Hauler - we may not win 1 game this year, and I am being serious. From a National Championship in 2013 to this. The NCAA gave us the death penalty without giving us the death penalty. It's going to take 5-6-7 years to dig out of this.
Looks like our teams play against each other tonight.

This is going to be some horrible basketball.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I watched a little bit of the Creighton / Arkansas game last night. Both teams are legit. Lots of talent.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I took UK -23.5 for $20 today against my Cards. We are a dumpster fire.

GO BIG RED!!!

last 100
Oct 17, 2015
huskers are really playing good right now. beat creighton and iowa and almost beat purdue. hopefully make a few games with my grandkids. 8th grade grandson is 6'2" and wont even look at a basketball. drives me nuts

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Xavier knocked off #2 UCONN this weekend. Solid team.

XU is 12-3
Losses to Indiana (by 2) Duke (by 7) and Gonzaga (by 4)

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I know UofL has only won 2 games and sucks beyond belief, but seeing UK with 6 losses, including a home loss to South Carolina, warms my heart.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I know UofL has only won 2 games and sucks beyond belief, but seeing UK with 6 losses, including a home loss to South Carolina, warms my heart.
The "Fire Caliparri" mindset is the current mood amongst the UK fans I work with.

It's awesome.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
The "Fire Caliparri" mindset is the current mood amongst the UK fans I work with.

It's awesome.
When he was hired, I told all of the UK fans that I know around here, that when it's all said & done, they will regret it. They all laughed, talked shit about his elite recruiting and winning a championship there. Said I was jealous, etc. I told them he cant coach for shit and his NC at UK was fools gold because Anthony Davis was a generational type player and Cal can't win without a Davis or Marcus Camby. It took 10 yrs but now they see it for themselves. It's like vaxxed liberals....you cant convince them of anything right now. But give it 5-10 yrs.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
When he was hired, I told all of the UK fans that I know around here, that when it's all said & done, they will regret it. They all laughed, talk shit about his elite recruiting and winning a championshipt there. Said I was jealous, etc. I told them he cant coach for shit and his NC at UK was fools gold because Anthony Davis was a generational type player and Cal can't win without a Davis or Marcus Camby. It took 10 yrs but now they see it for themselves. It's like vaxxed liberals....you cant convince them of anything right now. But give it 5-10 yrs.
I always said the same thing.

Great recruiter.
Horrible coach.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I always said the same thing.

Great recruiter.
Horrible coach.
Cal's career: Get elite talent with Nike money and World Wide Wes, roll the ball out, yell & scream at them all game long from the sideline, pray their talent is enough to overcome your deficiencies.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Wild @Wild

Vandy beat Kentucky last night.
That's 2 wins over "big blue nation" in March. This one *should* knock UK out of the Top 25. They probably still get in, but it won't be at a 5 seed which is where they had these bums projected.

I can't wait to watch them lose if they get in.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Wild @Wild

That's 2 wins over "big blue nation" in March. This one *should* knock UK out of the Top 25. They probably still get in, but it won't be at a 5 seed which is where they had these bums projected.

Man I crashed early last night. Had no idea Vandy beat them but thank you for making my weekend.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Wild @Wild

If they get in at all, they should be a 8/9/10 seed range. Sweet 16 is their ceiling but I bet they get bounced first weekend again.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
If they get in at all, they should be a 8/9/10 seed range. Sweet 16 is their ceiling but I bet they get bounced first weekend again.
I hope they get delegated to a play-in game.

And lose.