Sports 2022 MLB Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
The lockout is over.
There will be a full 162 game season that will start on April 7. The 1st two series were cancelled a week or so ago, so my assumption is they will squeeze in the 162 games with the 7 inning double headers we saw during Covid.

All players report to Spring Training today, with pre-season games starting Thursday, March 17.

The main changes with this CBA:
  • Playoffs expanded to 12 teams (from 10)
  • NL will adopt the DH, starting this season
There are a ton of other changes, but they are mostly tied to service time, draft rules and team salary requirements.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
There was a rush of signings before the lockout, but there are still a few big names that are free agents who don't have a home.

Most notably:
  • Freddie Freeman
  • Carlos Correa
  • Kris Bryant
  • Nick Castellanos
  • Anthony Rizzo
  • Trevor Story
  • Kyle Schwarber

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I am happy, I will be going to some games in Bradenton
The Pirates suck. I can't imagine how bad their Low-A affiliate is. Haha.
But baseball is baseball. Always great to check out a game in person.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
The Pirates suck. I can't imagine how bad their Low-A affiliate is. Haha.
But baseball is baseball. Always great to check out a game in person.
They have one young guy that has a very tight swing
Hunter Head (lol at his name), but he drills home runs in effortless fashion. Low A ball,l but he’s apparently top 5 in their organization

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
They have one young guy that has a very tight swing
Hunter Head (lol at his name), but he drills home runs in effortless fashion. Low A ball,l but he’s apparently top 5 in their organization
That can be fun to watch when a club has a prospect like that.

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
That can be fun to watch when a club has a prospect like that.
He’s just a kid. Fun to watch when I went into the right field stands to watch him and he was talking with his centerfield player and asked him “you want some gum?” And picked up a chewed piece of gum and said “enjoy”

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
It's an interesting strategy. Take solid, reliable pitchers and trade them away for bullshit.

Lucky for all involved...

Votto still bangs.
Dude was 7 and 9 with a ERA over 4. Only a reds fan could think that's solid or reliable. His best days are behind him and a good salary dump move. The reds are never contenders anyway so why not take a shot like this?

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Dude was 7 and 9 with a ERA over 4. Only a reds fan could think that's solid or reliable. His best days are behind him and a good salary dump move. The reds are never contenders anyway so why not take a shot like this?
He struggled with injuries all season. He's still a good pitcher. Hopefully the youngsters they get in the trade work out, but it does suck a little to lose a vet in the rotation.

Last edited:

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Eugenio Suarez @ 3rd
Jonathan India @ 2nd (ROY)
Tyler Stephenson behind the plate.
Winker/Senzel/Naquin in OF
Moustakas at DH

This team will fucking RAKE.

I've looked over the 162 game season and I don't see a single game they should lose. I'm not saying they're going 162-0; but I also won't say they aren't.

Has Aaron Boone announced his opening day lineup yet? A better question: Has he announced his Day 2 lineup yet? How about Day 3?

Boonie picking lineups:

I saw Sanchez got traded to the Twins, so I guess we won't be seeing Boonie try him at leadoff or the 2-hole this year. I had hopes.

Smart signing of Donaldson. Think he and Derrick Cole are planning a lunch date yet?

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Like I said...
Suarez was a 1-year wonder and won't hit anywhere near his 49 HR total that he had in 2019 at GABP. At best he's probably a 30 HR guy in Seattle.

And Winker? Yeah, he made the AS team last year. But I'm not going to whine too much about losing 24 HRs and 77 runs scored.

But I'm OK with it.

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
So Freeman is gone. But to where?
Let me guess...The fucking Yankees.
The worst cast of losers, ever
They cheat and buy their way to losses in the playoffs to the Red Sox, laugh my ass off every time I realize the Sox own them