Sports 2022 MLB Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Soto will eat his lunch in the semis but that was fun.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Not a single hitter has taken the Gatorade from the kids. Most opting for water from teammates. Alonso even took a non-labeled colored drink.

I doubt the Gatorade brass are happy with any of this.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I wouldnt call that eating his lunch. He needed the extra extra time to win. I thought they might be tanking on purpose
I didn't think Pujos would hit that many.

Soto looks gassed. I think J-Rod has this in the bag.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
NL is so much better than the AL.

And it isn't close.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
They got Manoah mic'd during the game. He's talking while he's pitching. This is nuts.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Haha. They are giving him scouting reports.
"What's this guy do?"
"Swings at everything"

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
It's always interesting to see how they score these. In this one it looked like he had the ball off the bat but then lost it at some point. It went down as a grand slam with 4 RBI and not as an E8. They typically give the fielder a break even if it is his fault he lost it in the lights.

I wonder if the LF or RF were yelling "BACK!" like you hear in softball beer leagues? It's good practice to give distance guidance on flies to your fellow outfielder - usually in shouts of "BACK", "SHORT" or "RIGHT AT YA".

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Not sure who the color commentator is in this clip - but I don't agree with him. The announcer was correct. That was a solid pitch. Fastball up and on the inside of the plate. Judge just got his hands moving and has a quick enough swing to get the bat head in front of the pitch.

Then he called this pitch middle in - which it wasn't. Middle in is dangerous for a pitcher. Up and inside is exactly where the pitcher wanted this baseball. Judge is just too good.

1658583947252.png

The color guy almost made it sound like hitting the ball oppo is bad. That's what makes Judge such a good hitter. He goes with the pitch.

Judge's spray chart from 2022 shows he's still hitting oppo homers with regularity. Roughly 30% of his league-leading 36 homers were oppo:

1658584033539.png

Compare that to Schwarber who has the 2nd most HRs in the league with 30:

1658584192411.png

Schwarber is hitting .209 and is a dead-pull hitter.
Judge is hitting .284

They aren't even close to being comparable when it comes to quality hitters. What makes Judge great is the fact that he goes with the pitch.

I'm not sure why that comment pissed me off so much, but it just wasted 15 minutes of my morning.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
Does he always talk out of his ass
No, the YES network picked him up because David Cone got a job with ESPN, so he can't do as many games anymore. Cam is a former Yankee, so they put him in the seat. Micheal Kay and Paul O'Neil are typically on as well. Kay, O'Neil, and Coney were a great team.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
No, the YES network picked him up because David Cone got a job with ESPN, so he can't do as many games anymore. Cam is a former Yankee, so they put him in the seat. Micheal Kay and Paul O'Neil are typically on as well. Kay, O'Neil, and Coney were a great team.
So sometimes Maybin says things that make sense?