Sports 2022 NFL Season Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Given the O-Line additions, the Bengals odds look tasty at +2000

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Deshaun Watson got 6 games for accusations of sexual misconduct from 24 women.

So basically 1 quarter per assault.

Watson will miss:
@ CAR
vs NYJ
vs PIT
@ ATL
vs LAC
vs NE

Also on suspensions...
Steven Ridley got a full year for placing a $1500 bet while he was on IR.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
They will take a ton of shit for this.
Watson settled most of these out of court. We won't know how much it cost him due to non-disclosures, but I'm sure it was a large sum of money.

I believe there is still 1 case pending.

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
They will take a ton of shit for this.
Watson settled most of these out of court. We won't know how much it cost him due to non-disclosures, but I'm sure it was a large sum of money.

I believe there is still 1 case pending.
Yep, he settled 23 of 24 cases.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
What a fucking joke. This piece of shit should’ve been locked in a cage.
I haven't really looked into it other than the headlines. Are there details of what the accusations are or just a lot of smoke?

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
What a fucking joke. This piece of shit should’ve been locked in a cage.
It was up to the women who made the accusations really, all but one have chosen to collect a payday rather than take it to court.

Maybe the other one will push it further? We shall see.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
It was up to the women who made the accusations really, all but one have chosen to collect a payday rather than take it to court.

Maybe the other one will push it further? We shall see.
She's probably just holding out for more $$$.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
I haven't really looked into it other than the headlines. Are there details of what the accusations are or just a lot of smoke?
I don’t want to sound insensitive so I’ll proceed with caution. Of all the cases against him, it’s likely a percentage of them may have been an attempted cash grabs. However, 24 cases is unbelievable. I believe the reports are that he had over 60 different women massage him so it also seems logical that he assaulted others who just don’t want to come forward. Settling out of court doesn’t equate innocence in my book. He’s a piece is shit and shouldn’t be able to buy his way out of it. But that’s what often seems to happen with celebrities. If just one masseuse made an allegation against us, we would be locked up and have to prove innocence. The standards are not the same and never will be.

if i recall; the league was asking for an indefinite suspension. The fact that he got 6 games is laughable. The league has 72 hours to decide if they want to challenge the ruling. I hope they do and i hope he has to sit outside the season. And for the record, i don’t hate the Browns. Just hate Watson.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
The league has 72 hours to decide if they want to challenge the ruling. I hope they do and i hope he has to sit outside the season.
Didn't know this wasn't Goodell's ruling. Interesting.

I predicted a full year. And with one of the cases still active, I can't see him suiting up until that one is resolved.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Didn't know this wasn't Goodell's ruling. Interesting.

I predicted a full year. And with one of the cases still active, I can't see him suiting up until that one is resolved.
The arbitrator is a female. She said his behavior was premeditated and egregious. She said several things that made me think she was gonna drop the hammer on him. Then she said she compared this to other non-violent cases and followed the precedent set by those cases. Very strange.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
NFL is appealing Watson's 6 game suspension. They want a stiffer penalty.

Also...
1st preseason game is tonight.
JAX vs OAK in Canton, Ohio