225 PPV numbers = beware

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

I'd bet MSG in November
Bringing millions into NYC will help his court case ... a LOT
I don't know if the UFC wants to take the chance of doing a Conor card in New York.

The NYSAC or whatever you cunts call it has shown itself to be pretty inept at times.

The chances of the fight being called off by the commission are a lot higher in NY than in Nevada.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I don't know if the UFC wants to take the chance of doing a Conor card in New York.

The NYSAC or whatever you cunts call it has shown itself to be pretty inept at times.

The chances of the fight being called off by the commission are a lot higher in NY than in Nevada.
But doesn’t Nevada have that bitter transvestite Patrick lundvall?

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017

Conor headlined the first MSG card
Conor vs Khabib makes the most sense in NYC.

plus like I said ... tax dollars talks ;)

M

member 3289

Conor headlined the first MSG card
Conor vs Khabib makes the most sense in NYC.

plus like I said ... tax dollars talks ;)
I can just imagine some fukn goof from the NYSAC named Salvatore or Angelo canceling the fight because Khabib "don't look too hellty"

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
LOL, another shitty PPV buyrate for another shitty PPV quality event. I love that the people are speaking with their wallets. When I look at the last ufc that was truly a PPV quality ufc I have to go all the way back to November when GSP fought Bisping on that strong card. It will be a drought of 8 months, from November to July when UFC 226 hits, for a PPV that is actually PPV quality. Then the next one after that, UFC 227 is right back to the trend of shit level PPV's from WME.

Just take a look at UFC 227, that is not even as strong as some of their free cards.

Good on all of us, why buy a shit product? Unless Conor is fighting, or something like Jones vs Cormier 3, every PPV will continue to be south of even 400 buys, and most of these PPV's are now all the way down to 100 to 200 K buys lol.

The people are wising up, they see that calling someone's shit pudding does not mean it is pudding only a person's poop.

Real talkYa'll

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Man if UFC 225 only did 150k buys with Dana bragging about how CM Punk sells PPVs.... lol, that's all I can say.

I figured this would do at least 300k

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Man if UFC 225 only did 150k buys with Dana bragging about how CM Punk sells PPVs.... lol, that's all I can say.

I figured this would do at least 300k
UFC internally had the PPV at 225k with anything above credited to Punk.
I felt 275k, but a lot thought over 300k
Its too early for any real numbers, because its impossible to get them in 3 business days
but if its under 200k its a bad number for sure

PS ... DW didn't brag about Punk, he just said he is worth more on PPV than Reem. Reems prelim numbers were horrendous. That surprised me.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
UFC internally had the PPV at 225k with anything above credited to Punk.
I felt 275k, but a lot thought over 300k
Its too early for any real numbers, because its impossible to get them in 3 business days
but if its under 200k its a bad number for sure

PS ... DW didn't brag about Punk, he just said he is worth more on PPV than Reem. Reems prelim numbers were horrendous. That surprised me.
I thought it was impossible for the UFC to sell under 200k PPVs. Hell, even Mighty Mouse was doing more than 200k buys.

UFC 224 doing under 150k was a complete shock to me. Now for UFC 225 to fall under 200k too? Wow.

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I thought it was impossible for the UFC to sell under 200k PPVs. Hell, even Mighty Mouse was doing more than 200k buys.

UFC 224 doing under 150k was a complete shock to me. Now for UFC 225 to fall under 200k too? Wow.

Dude, look at all events since ufc 202 or something, I think about a 1/3 of them not only did not do 200 k, but did 100k. It's been some time now, more than a year, that people are not buying these shitty PPV's unless i'ts a occasional Conor fight, or a rare truly great matchup, like if they give us Jones/Cormier 3, Lesnar vs Stipe, stuff like that.

I hope Bellator and KSW and OneFC etc..can step in and bring an equal or better product. Folks on here will tell you that interest in MMA has capped, it has not, actually is stronger probably, people just will not pay for shit quality, if they have better quality PPV's, people will buy it, and if Bellator and OneFC can step in and improve their roster wtih depth, they can equal or pass ufc.

DasRy

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

Numbers don't lie

UFC has had shit PPV numbers for a strech now, outside of Conor fights, and the rare other big fight, (GSP,Cormier Jones etc..)

Look at the picture you put up

Out of the last 11 PPV's a measly 2 broke 300K buys.

6 of the last 11 actually did less than 201k buys

4 of the last 11 actually did less than 168K buys

2 of the last 11 did less than 121 k buys

And that 11 is UFC 208 to 218, I am pretty sure a bunch of the ones from 219 to 225 have had similar shit numbers

Those are horrible ppv buy rates, people have spoken DasRy

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017

Nah
Mighty Mouse was under 200k & was the worst drawing champ until Nunes too that belt.
We don't know the numbers for 225 yet

But as I said dozens of times, I can't understand why they are contracted to still do 12 PPV in 2019 when all signs pointed to less.