Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
I think the only interesting fights are the top 3.

Paulo Costa is 12-0, 4-0 in UFC however he hasn't been very active since being in the UFC which also means he hasn't been tested much. While all 4 wins are finishes, his best wins are against an undersized hungerless Johny Hendricks, and a 2nd round tko over Uriah Hall.

On paper, Yoel should be a heavy favorite. My heart isn't for either fighter, I just hope there's a finish so we have a decisive winner, and I think that will be Yoel. Yoel via 2nd round tko. Age is real and a mother fucker so you never know.

Diaz vs Pettis-Super excited about this one. Wish it was 5 rounds. I've waivered on this fight in terms of who I think is going to win. As far as who I want to win, I really like both fighters. I just hope there's a finish more than anything.

On one hand Pettis has been active, and fighting studs, has a finish win over Benson Henderson at lw who has(Benson) a finish win over Nate, as well as Pettis finished Nate's teammate in Gilbert Melendez.

On the other hand, I've seen Pettis fade, especially in high paced fights and that's something Nate thrives in. Nate loves putting opponents in deep waters and in terms of ability both on the feet and the ground, I think conditioning will be the biggest factor. I originally favored Pettis for being active, but I saw an interview where Nate says he's been training just not fighting, so I'm not going to assume this is the fight where Nate gets tired.

DC vs Stipe. I like both guys, Love DC more. Want DC to win, think DC wins. This is arguably the most accomplished hw championship in UFC we have ever seen. The challenger Stipe Miocic, the most accomplished UFC HW Champion to date, fighting the man who beat him, who is the only man to be UFC lhw and hw champion at the same time, undefeated at HW, this is a huge fight literally and figuratively. DC one of if not the greatest fighters of all time, will arguably be his last fight. Don't miss it!!

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

Paulo Costa is 12-0, 4-0 in UFC however he hasn't been very active since being in the UFC which also means he hasn't been tested much. While all 4 wins are finishes, his best wins are against an undersized hungerless Johny Hendricks, and a 2nd round tko over Uriah Hall.

On paper, Yoel should be a heavy favorite. My heart isn't for either fighter, I just hope there's a finish so we have a decisive winner, and I think that will be Yoel. Yoel via 2nd round tko. Age is real and a mother fucker so you never know.

Diaz vs Pettis-Super excited about this one. Wish it was 5 rounds. I've waivered on this fight in terms of who I think is going to win. As far as who I want to win, I really like both fighters. I just hope there's a finish more than anything.

On one hand Pettis has been active, and fighting studs, has a finish win over Benson Henderson at lw who has(Benson) a finish win over Nate, as well as Pettis finished Nate's teammate in Gilbert Melendez.

On the other hand, I've seen Pettis fade, especially in high paced fights and that's something Nate thrives in. Nate loves putting opponents in deep waters and in terms of ability both on the feet and the ground, I think conditioning will be the biggest factor. I originally favored Pettis for being active, but I saw an interview where Nate says he's been training just not fighting, so I'm not going to assume this is the fight where Nate gets tired.

DC vs Stipe. I like both guys, Love DC more. Want DC to win, think DC wins. This is arguably the most accomplished hw championship in UFC we have ever seen. The challenger Stipe Miocic, the most accomplished UFC HW Champion to date, fighting the man who beat him, who is the only man to be UFC lhw and hw champion at the same time, undefeated at HW, this is a huge fight literally and figuratively. DC one of if not the greatest fighters of all time, will arguably be his last fight. Don't miss it!!

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
real question is who are you?
fam
:cool:

what are your picks for those 3 fights?
Same person I was at that place fam...

Hmmm well I'm not a huge DC fan but I feel like he has Stipe "Subtitles" Miocic's number so I think he gots this...
Diaz and Pettis is a tought one cuz I'm a big fan of both. Think ring rust might be a factor and Showtime will win...
Yoel and Costa is a freakshow lol. I'm thinking the young lion gots this one...

:cheers:

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Romero wins by some spectacular cuban shit

Diaz wins by decision but a dog fight

Cormier wins, almost lose, but wins at the end

aghof

an person
Apr 15, 2015
Hmmm well I'm not a huge DC fan but I feel like he has Stipe "Subtitles" Miocic's number so I think he gots this...
man, you have to think someone's tried by now to make Stipe realize he'd potentially make a lot money if he'd just learn to enunciate a bit. I have cousins from Cleveland so I get the accent, but the mumbling's crazy!

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
man, you have to think someone's tried by now to make Stipe realize he'd potentially make a lot money if he'd just learn to enunciate a bit. I have cousins from Cleveland so I get the accent, but the mumbling's crazy!
that is an accent?

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
just some of the vowel pronunciation (if you can hear it underneath the gravelly mumbling!)

an extreme version:

(gotta make it past past the RUN-DMC promo)
I preferred the rundmc tho

cleveland and chicago have something going on in the nose it seems

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015

Gotta go with Romero...not a Costa believer yet. He's a stiff banger IMO. Romero is going to be very hard for him to time. Romero by TKO even though father time is creeping up.

Nate-Pettis...Nate's face is looking so chopped up...this one is hard to call. I always underestimate Nate because of his noodle appearance. Pettis is over the hill...I don't know. He should be able to get it done though. Nate bleeds like a faucet every time he gets hit hard...I think Pettis can take advantage of that. He's a more versatile striker and should be able to time some good shots after landing some good leg kicks. I'll go with Pettis by UD.

DC-Stipe, I think DC because Stipe seems like he believes the first fight was pure luck by DC. It was pretty even. Both guys landed hard ones. DC had the eye pokes...that makes this harder to analyze. Stipe could easily IMO win if he kept his distance and used footwork like he has in his best fights. For some reason he thought he could clobber DC without much effort, and paid dearly. But it seems like he believes the universe owes him a win over DC...DC is in his head and this doesn't bode well for Stipe. IF he I thought he could suck it up and admit DC is a dangerous, hard hitter, and avoid clinching with him and use his damn footwork, then I'd take Stipe, but he won't. His belief that he's infinitely superior to DC as a fighter is bad news. That and his damn lack of head movement. Stiffest neck ever. Anyway---DC by TKO in the 3rd.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
Same person I was at that place fam...

Diaz and Pettis is a tought one cuz I'm a big fan of both. Think ring rust might be a factor and Showtime will win...
Yoel and Costa is a freakshow lol. I'm thinking the young lion gots this one...

:cheers:
LOL. "Subtitles"...I like it. Dude is the GOAT raspy mumbler.

aghof

an person
Apr 15, 2015
I preferred the rundmc tho

cleveland and chicago have something going on in the nose it seems
yup, that nasally vowel thing starts in Cleveland (we didn't have it where I grew up about an hour away, on the way to Pittsburgh. It kind of transforms as you go across to Chicago, Wisconsin, etc. but the general vowel thing is still there. I always thought of it as a 'midwest accent' but apparently linguists call it like great lakes something or other. (ah, 'inland north' - The United States Of Accents: Midwestern Accent | Babbel Magazine )

that said: hard to call any of those fights! Gun to my head, I'd say Stipe, Yoel, Pettis... I think this might be the outing where DC finally looks old.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Yoel is probably the best fighter with late KO power and instant energy explosions of athleticism and technique ever
Striking and Grappling at an amazing level for a lifetime
He is a must watch....could lose though

DC best HW since Fedor easily, rag dolled giant men and out fought them every fight so far...I think Stipe takes it though if he doesn't freeze up offensively in hematch, call it a hunch(he was landing good shots until..)

I root Diaz...don't care what happens but bring your lunchboxes and keep your seats in the upright position

2 of the best fighters ever on one card
basically 2 Olympic Wrestlers with pretty amazing striking, and then diaz vs pets(battle of the dogs)

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
I just realized Yoel is 42. Even for hw's, 42 is pretty old. That's grandpa years for middleweights. This might be the fight where father time shows himself to Yoel.

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
if you bet on father time turning up unannounced, is a bad bet, done this a few times. then again I done a bunch of dumb shit a few times without stopping. crack on fella.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Yoel is probably the best fighter with late KO power and instant energy explosions of athleticism and technique ever
Striking and Grappling at an amazing level for a lifetime
He is a must watch....could lose though

DC best HW since Fedor easily, rag dolled giant men and out fought them every fight so far...I think Stipe takes it though if he doesn't freeze up offensively in hematch, call it a hunch(he was landing good shots until..)

I root Diaz...don't care what happens but bring your lunchboxes and keep your seats in the upright position

2 of the best fighters ever on one card
basically 2 Olympic Wrestlers with pretty amazing striking, and then diaz vs pets(battle of the dogs)
Hittin that epo? Like tj?

ender852

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2015
yup, that nasally vowel thing starts in Cleveland (we didn't have it where I grew up about an hour away, on the way to Pittsburgh. It kind of transforms as you go across to Chicago, Wisconsin, etc. but the general vowel thing is still there. I always thought of it as a 'midwest accent' but apparently linguists call it like great lakes something or other. (ah, 'inland north' - The United States Of Accents: Midwestern Accent | Babbel Magazine )
that said: hard to call any of those fights! Gun to my head, I'd say Stipe, Yoel, Pettis... I think this might be the outing where DC finally looks old.
I live an hour south of Chicago and nobody talks like that except in the city, DA BEARS

aghof

an person
Apr 15, 2015
I live an hour south of Chicago and nobody talks like that except in the city, DA BEARS
yup, I think that map in the article I posted kind of has it nailed. I have a friend from Buffalo and was at first surprised how similar his accent sounded to Cleveland, even though he left a long time ago.