3,500 ft Glass Walkway Cracks Under Visitors’ Feet In China

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Posted on October 7, 2015 by admin in News

The 3,500 ft glass walkway in the Yuntai Mountain Geological Park gave its visitors quite a shock when it began to crack on Monday, after a visitor dropped a stainless steel cup.

The Yuntai Park Skywalk opened to the public this month

The walkway hasn’t been in operation for very long, having only opened on September 20th, and features custom-made glass panelling. Each glass panel is 2.7cm thick, and is designed to support up to 800kg in weight, but the incident understandably caused quite a commotion amongst the people who were using the walkway at the time.

The Yuntai Glass Walkway cracked this week, after somebody dropped a stainless steel cup

Lee Dong Hai, a tourist who was on the walkway when it began to crack, posted the following message on social networking site Weibo: “I was almost at the end and suddenly I heard a sound. My foot shook a little. I looked down and I saw that there was a crack in the floor.”

Hai continued: “Lots of people began screaming. I screamed ‘It’s cracked, it’s actually cracked!’ and I pushed the people in front of me aside so that we could run.”

A spokesperson for the park said that due to the strength of the glass, its visitors were not in danger, as only one of the three layers of glass that make up each panel was cracked. However, the walkway has been closed while arrangements for its repair are made. Being as each panel is custom-made, it is not known how long it will take for the bridge to open again to the public.

The news comes shortly after another glass walkway, named the Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon Skywalk, was opened in July of this year. The Zhangjiajie smashed records for being both the longest and the highest glass-bottomed bridge in the world. A bungee jump is supposedly going to be added to the bridge later in the year.

It seems as though glass walkways are the fashion in Asia at the moment, with plans for several more being announced this year.

The Zhangjiajie skywalk recently opened in China, spanning a quarter of a mile at a staggering 980ft.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
if aliexpress and ebay have taught me anything it is fuck chinese quality control

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
Hai continued: “Lots of people began screaming. I screamed ‘It’s cracked, it’s actually cracked!’ and I pushed the people in front of me aside so that we could run.”
Good man start a stampede while you're at it...