47-Year-Old Marine Veteran To Roll 24 Hrs Straight For Mental Health Awareness & Suicide Prevention

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015

If you’ve ever wanted to know what the Guiness World Record is for the longest consecutive rolling session, well, Damian “Obi” Todd is about to set it. The 47-year-old jiu-jitsu athlete is just over a month away from attempting to roll for 24 hours straight in order to raise $100,000 AUD for mental health awareness and suicide prevention, and if he succeeds, his achievement will very literally go down in the books.

Obi, a blue belt who trains at Chau Kaizen in Adelaide, Australia, has certainly earned his Jedi-inspired nickname. A (very) avid Star Wars fan, he’s fought his fair share of battles, both literally and figuratively. He served as a Marine in the UK for 22 years, fulfilling multiple roles during his time serving. He then moved to Sweden for work before coming to Australia about five years ago, where he met the woman who would become his wife (who also trains) and started the sport that would change his life.

47-Year-Old Marine Veteran To Roll 24 Hours Straight For Mental Health Awareness & Suicide Prevention

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Roll for 24 straight hours? Maaaaaaan that guy is crazy
Apparently it's been done before but wasn't documented so this guy is following the rules to get the record as well as raise money.

I can't even imagine.

M

member 603

I got in a solid 45 minute roll tonight.... Spent.... Looking forward to more of those as I gear up for my upcoming tournament

lamarclark09

Oct 20, 2022
Oh man this guy is crazy. So good to see him and his initiative. Mental health disorder increasing terribly all across the world. We must take a step forward to deal with this.