$49.99 - PFL puts price on first PPV event

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

The Professional Fighters League is all set to become the latest MMA property to dip into the high-end event market. Back in 2019 the US-based promotion signed on with UFC broadcast partner ESPN, to air PFL fight cards on ESPN 2, ESPN Deportes, and ESPN+. Several years later they’re all set to try their first PPV card on ESPN’s streaming platform.

Ever since the first UFC hit the airwaves in 1993, mixed martial arts has gone hand-in-hand with pay-per-view broadcasting. In that time, however, few companies outside the Endeavor-owned promotion have found much in the way of financial gain from attempting to break into that exclusive broadcast marketplace.

In 2014 Bellator made their first (and only) PPV event, featuring a light heavyweight contest between ‘Rampage’ Jackson and ‘King Mo’ Lawal in the main event—bringing in a mere estimated 100,000 buys in the process. Famous promotional disaster Affliction, didn’t do much better, garnering 175,000 buys in their second (of two) PPV, headlined by a heavyweight bout between Fedor Emelianenko and Andrei Arlovski.

Can PFL succeed where others have failed? Alongside their six one-million-dollar tournament title fights, the promotion appears to be banking heavily on a main event between multiple-time tournament winner and former Judo gold-medalist Kayla Harrison against two-time past foe and former UFC talent Larissa Pacheco. The card was also set to host a featherweight bout between Shane Burgos and Marlon Moraes, however an injury to Burgos has resulted in fellow former UFC fighter Sheymon Moraes stepping up in his stead.

Fans who want to witness the action live will find themselves facing a $49.99 price tag for the privilege, as announced by the PFL on Tuesday, November 15th.

PFL 10 - 2022 Season takes place on November 25th on ESPN+. Here’s a look at the card as it stands now:

ESPN+ PPV MAIN CARD | 8pm/5pm ET&PT
Kayla Harrison vs. Larissa Pacheco
Brendan Loughnane vs. Bubba Jenkins
Ante Delija vs. Matheus Scheffel
Stevie Ray vs. Olivier Aubin-Mercier
Dilano Taylor vs. Sadibou Sy
Omari Akhmedov vs. Rob Wilkinson
Aspen Ladd vs. Julia Budd

ESPN+ PRELIMS | 6pm/3pm ET&PT
Marlon Moraes vs. Sheymon Moraes
Jeremy Stephens vs. Natan Schulte
Magomed Magomedkerimov vs. Gleison Tibau
Dakota Ditcheva vs. Katherine Corogenes
Biaggio Ali Walsh vs. Tom Graesser

$49.99 - PFL puts price on first PPV event

Poiupoiu

50 cents per post
Oct 26, 2015
in today's internet age. $19.99 (20) is the most i would ever pay for a SUPER card

thats 30-40 years ago at best

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
fewer than a million buys, I'd suggest.

also fewer than 15,000. literally.

who the fuck wants this for £50???

who would get on the WhatsApp and say 'PARTY ROUND MINE, I'm getting the PFL PPV, it's gonna be rad. Kayla Harrison is fighting Larissa Pacheco in the main event. honestly, its true! just 50 bucks! lol who the fook is that guy didn't even make the main card'

Poiupoiu

50 cents per post
Oct 26, 2015
the only way i would pay for todays $$$ ppv, is if i was having a party.

watching by myself, no way

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Lol this will be a financial disaster. Also why is jeremy stephens on the poster if he is fighting on the prelims? Why is he fighting on the prelims? lmao awful management over there.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I have a hard time convincing myself to watch when it's free.
The truf if they wanted to charge do what bkfc does or what rizin did and make the ppv 10 bucks maybe get some product placement to cover costs too. 50 bucks for a card with one notable UFC fighter on the prelims is ridiculous and greedy

Last edited:

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
"the promotion appears to be banking heavily on a main event between multiple-time tournament winner and former Judo gold-medalist Kayla Harrison against two-time past foe and former UFC talent Larissa Pacheco"

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
PFL has to be laundering money with these financial decisions lmao.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
It's Dagi headquarters over there along with that scumbag Ali Abdel-A-Jizz...

This whole PFL business is full of red flags and questionable financial decisions would not surprise me if the FBI has a RICO case on him or his cronies