5 star match thread.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

RedDragonUK

Posting Machine
Apr 17, 2015

RedDragonUK

Posting Machine
Apr 17, 2015
TNA Final Resolution 2005 Ultimate X match. This is possibly the best Ultimate X match, it was the 6th but the chemistry was top notch. The heel, the baby face, the outside interference and all three competitors were firing on all cylinders.

View: http://youtu.be/RoK4QhC26FI

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Okay, I'm going in hot. Please no bans, BeardOfKnowledge @JohnyHendricksBeard. Saw this one recently in my obsessive walkthrough of the WWE Network playlist. So many legends in this match. And considering it was held in Canada, the crowd played such a huge role. Definitely worth a watch...

In Your House 16: Canadian Stampede

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Okay, I'm going in hot. Please no bans, BeardOfKnowledge @JohnyHendricksBeard. Saw this one recently in my obsessive walkthrough of the WWE Network playlist. So many legends in this match. And considering it was held in Canada, the crowd played such a huge role. Definitely worth a watch...

In Your House 16: Canadian Stampede
Why would you get banned for that? I still remember going over to a buddy's house to order that ppv back when I was little more than a 5 o'clock shadow.

RedDragonUK

Posting Machine
Apr 17, 2015
I won't yell at you lol. I would rather 5 star matches though if you believe it's 5 star then go for it.

Next on my list of 5 star matches is actually the second of a trilogy of 5 star matches between Ric Flair and Ricky the Dragon Steamboat. This is as good as it gets for telling a story in the ring. Baby face vs Heel. Imo both one of the best in those roles Steamboat was a perfect face and Flair Heel. There's no ten minute rush and stupid stipulations just two guys with beef.

View: http://youtu.be/xrd2mkHyaMM

Last edited:

RedDragonUK

Posting Machine
Apr 17, 2015
This next 5 star match is one of my all time favourites. I was a fan of both guys going in, they'd had an epic build up towards this Wrestlemania with Stunners and Rock bottoms and trash talk and the Rock was devastating, Austin would do whatever it took to win the belt but what happened in this match was truely shocking at the time. I remember watching it and my jaw dropped. McMahon was a conniving bastard but nobody expected this.

View: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3rufv8_stone-cold-steve-austin-vs-the-rock-no-disqualification-match-wwf-championship-wrestlemania-x-seven_sport

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I would rather 5 star matches though if you believe it's 5 star then go for it.
I guess I gave it an arbitrary 5 stars. Not sure if anyone else held it in such high regard. But I watched on the Network recently and it reminded me of everything that's wrong with modern WWE. Just a great match with a ton of legends and intense crowd participation. Only wanted to share that one. :D

RedDragonUK

Posting Machine
Apr 17, 2015
I guess I gave it an arbitrary 5 stars. Not sure if anyone else held it in such high regard. But I watched on the Network recently and it reminded me of everything that's wrong with modern WWE. Just a great match with a ton of legends and intense crowd participation. Only wanted to share that one. :D
If it's one of your favourite matches then who is to say it isn't five stars, welcome edition to the thread.

RedDragonUK

Posting Machine
Apr 17, 2015
Kurt Angle vs Chris Benoit steel cage match from Raw. I still pop for the diving headbutt and monsaults if the cage.
I remember watching this live and just thought these guys are really going for it. It was a PPV quality match up and you rarely get that on Raw now.

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
The classic Hart vs Austin I quit match. Obvious but legit.

This is probably as hyped as I have ever been during a match.

Last edited:

RedDragonUK

Posting Machine
Apr 17, 2015
This next 5 star match is one of my favourites of all time. Bret took Davey Boy to a level he had never been before. The 1992 Summerslam was held at Wembley stadium in London England so Davey had big support but Bret also had a big following, they were fighting over Bret's sister/ Davey's partner so there was a lot of animosity. This match was absolutely epic and for the Intercontinental title

View: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3e0gsx_the-british-bulldog-vs-bret-hart-summerslam-1992_sport

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015