General 84,000 deaths in the US in the next month

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
How deaths are recorded is very important. It's quite common to use deaths within 28 or 60 days of a positive test. With Omicron, that's very ambiguous because so many people will be infected in a short amount of time, that a large majority of "regular" deaths will be included in that count, even if covid had nothing to do with their deaths. Eg let's say 10,000 people die per month regularly. Well now 5,000 will have tested positive for covid recently.

I think a good metric is looking at the mortality rate between vaccinated and unvaccinated. At the moment, unvaccinated people have a vastly higher risk of death. That may change in a couple of weeks as omicron has become the dominant strain.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Has there been an uptick in OVERALL deaths year over year that shows 2020 and 2021 as outliers to trends in years prior?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Of course future variants could flip anything on its head, but the rate of simultaneous infection is probably going to reduce the amount of wack-a-mole we are playing here with waning vaccine effectiveness over time.

Also lol:

By MARCH just in time for us to shoot the moon and nobody to run out and get this.

They really should be developing a more encompassing vaccine with more antigen targets. It may still have use even a year from now in high risk workers (healthcare) and the elderly etc that might not hold antibody response as long as others.
I don't think selling it as an omicron vaccine is going to have anyone running out to get it.
Deltacron isn't the future. It's here. Emerged in Cyprus the other day. Infectability of Omicron, otherwise behavior of Delta. I'm rooting for Omicron obviously because if the alternative prevails, we're effed.

Agreed about the vax. Did you see the one developed at Walter Reed to address multiple mutations?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Deltacron isn't the future. It's here. Emerged in Cyprus the other day. Infectability of Omicron, otherwise behavior of Delta. I'm rooting for Omicron obviously because if the alternative prevails, we're effed.
The media is having a field day jerking off to this virus to treat it like some magical mutant that will do all kinds of things that other respiratory viruses won't do. They've been pushing this kind of one off with incomplete data since 2020.

It's unlikely that we will back up to a more deadly variant as the prominent strain if omicron moves as fast as it appears to be doing. It's early like I said, but things keep becoming clearer that the early data is correct.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
6 months ago I taught you this. You still are doing bad math
You "taught".

The study itself, UKHSA if you've read it, reasons the population "vaccinated" by reason of percentage of blood donors.
How's that for math?

Your explanations read like a political applications while doing exactly what you claim others do, make a decision and fit it into your presupposition.

View: https://twitter.com/gazcon/status/1479930065588785161?s=20

Report link in the tweet, knock yourself out professor Hunting.
Note the statement of "vaccination rate" and that base pool.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
You "taught".

The study itself, UKHSA if you've read it, reasons the population "vaccinated" by reason of percentage of blood donors.
How's that for math?

Your explanations read like a political applications while doing exactly what you claim others do, make a decision and fit it into your presupposition.

View: https://twitter.com/gazcon/status/1479930065588785161?s=20

Report link in the tweet, knock yourself out professor Hunting.
Note the statement of "vaccination rate" and that base pool.

You and the twitter guy have no idea how to read the report.

Here's your own link:

1641844167640.png

1641844235577.png

Also, I've already posted this in this same thread:

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
6 months ago I taught you this. You still are doing bad math
BTW my name isn't Soundsystem.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
You and the twitter guy have no idea how to read the report.

Here's your own link:

View attachment 57248

View attachment 57249

Also, I've already posted this in this same thread:

You're speaking to reduced risk in hospitalization rates, I'm not.
*facepalm*

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Then why are you quoting me talking about reduced risk in hospitalization rates?
I didn't read the study past the base pool, which is what you, Leigh @Leigh and everyone else that kept going should've done.

If I'm running an organic omlette contest, I discard the contestant who made his with eggbeaters.

WHY I posted it was to point out the link and specifically pointed out "base pool"; even by their own flaws, 80% of death occurred in vaccinated.
At that point you use your smell test, if you haven't lost the sensation permanently.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
i probably have never got more than 6 hours of sleep in my life
#Metoo

I don't know what to do with myself.
I feel like Rorschach but wanna grow a cape like Vision.
I would hit the bench but would feel sorry for the bar.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019

Boris Johnson is due to announce his plan by March on how the country will live with Covid, according to the i. The paper is one of many to feature prominently government hopes that the UK is moving towards a new phase in the pandemic. The paper says No 10 has insisted the main focus remains tackling pressures on the NHS and public services. The PM's strategy, which the paper expects to be revealed in weeks, might include winding down testing, scrapping free lateral flow tests and cutting the Covid isolation period, the paper adds.

FINGERS @Fingers based on the current spread I support this is probably a fine proposal. March should have already seen the peak and decline of omicron with the broadest exposure of virus that has occurred yet.

The one odd thing is the move to remove free testing. What is the different between those tests and other services the NHS offers? If someone is showing symptoms and wants a covid or flu test later on, will there be cost? Or does this just dump the home tests and you go to the doc now?
It was floated at the weekend. And denied firmly by the health secretary. So it's probably 100% true they will charge for the tests.

Its about money for their mates at the end of the day. It costs €8.99 a single test in Ireland. It sure as shit doesn't cost that in reality.

My guess is that tests are basically meaningless in a couple of months. Everyone will have had some form of vaccination or natural anti bodies.

I'm sitting here at home with little to zero symptoms not earning. My wife is at home here her entire classes cancelled for tomorrow, zero symptoms. My little boy has been locked up for week now. No pre school. Zero symptoms. He is turning into a nut case.

I can and will take a hit of this 'for the vulnerable' this time. But I won't be reporting non symptoms when my family becomes the vulnerable thanks to no money coming in.

47 people lost their lives yesterday after having a positive Covid Test in the last 28 days in this country.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
It was floated at the weekend. And denied firmly by the health secretary. So it's probably 100% true they will charge for the tests.

Its about money for their mates at the end of the day. It costs €8.99 a single test in Ireland. It sure as shit doesn't cost that in reality.

My guess is that tests are basically meaningless in a couple of months. Everyone will have had some form of vaccination or natural anti bodies.

I'm sitting here at home with little to zero symptoms not earning. My wife is at home here her entire classes cancelled for tomorrow, zero symptoms. My little boy has been locked up for week now. No pre school. Zero symptoms. He is turning into a nut case.

I can and will take a hit of this 'for the vulnerable' this time. But I won't be reporting non symptoms when my family becomes the vulnerable thanks to no money coming in.

47 people lost their lives yesterday after having a positive Covid Test in the last 28 days in this country.
This decoupling of government aid from the testing and quarantining strategy is exactly why we're screwed.

So many posts about vaccines in this thread when they have little to nothing to do with it. The abandonment of mitigation and stimulus for medical solutions is the crime of the century and it's happening everywhere.