A bad decision in a shit fight is still a bad decision

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
The overwhelming reaction to Yoel-Adesanya is going to be 'who cares? Yoel only has himself to blame. What a shit fight. Nobody won'.

But under the scoring criteria, Romero quite clearly won rounds 1, 2 and 5. Romero did next to nothing to hurt Israel, but Israel did absolutely nothing to hurt Romero.

Was it a robbery? Of course not. Romero did fuck all even in the rounds he won. But he still won 3 rounds and we should acknowledge it was a bad decision.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I don't know about Rd 2. I would have to go back and rewatch it. The fight was so fucking boring that I lost interest by the end.

Feb 27, 2020
Yeah, Izzy's post fight highlight real was 4 leg kicks.. It's a fuckin joke. Yoel could have done more for sure but Izzy did nothing.. I remember telling someone here that Commentary would over exaggerate leg kicks from Izzy cuz I know how the regional hype train shit works. Commentary and media have to try and sell the judges score to make it seem believable to the retards. UFC is fake news

M

member 3289

The fact that Yoel didn't win on even one judge's scorecard is a bit of a head scratcher. And one judge gave Izzy 4 rounds lol.

Are the judges misunderstanding the rules, or do the rules need to be refined so that the wording of how to determine round winner is clearer?

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
The fact that Yoel didn't win on even one judge's scorecard is a bit of a head scratcher. And one judge gave Izzy 4 rounds lol.

Are the judges misunderstanding the rules, or do the rules need to be refined so that the wording of how to determine round winner is clearer?
i knew something fucky would happen when they announced sal d'amato as one of the judges

Feb 27, 2020
Rest of the card was pretty damn good at least, Every other fight than the main events went the way I hoped so was still fun to watch

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
I unironically enjoyed the fight because Yoel basically won by doing fuck all. Not sure if the gameplan was to frustrate Israel or not. Thought he did enough (in a fight where I use that loosely of course) to win.

At least he seemed like he was having fun until he started getting in the champ’s face. Maybe if he did that one round earlier he coulda got Israel into the fight to get more openings.

I should mention I find Yoel’s personality and his mere existence amusing, from asking Rockhold if he “remember time at party.” to being a wrestler who barely wrestles. Was rooting for Adesayna going in, thought Yoel won going out.

zippo88

Feb 26, 2020
The overwhelming reaction to Yoel-Adesanya is going to be 'who cares? Yoel only has himself to blame. What a shit fight. Nobody won'.

But under the scoring criteria, Romero quite clearly won rounds 1, 2 and 5. Romero did next to nothing to hurt Israel, but Israel did absolutely nothing to hurt Romero.

Was it a robbery? Of course not. Romero did fuck all even in the rounds he won. But he still won 3 rounds and we should acknowledge it was a bad decision.
Didn’t we learn from Jon Jones’s fights that you can’t beat a champ if it goes into a decision? In any close fight a champ will take a decision.

Yoel didn’t do enough.

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
Reminds me of the Nick Diaz vs Anderson fight where Nick was trying to goad Anderson to engage. Anderson was minding his own business circling while Nick taunted.

Nick looks at BJM in a “hey man, make him do stuff.” manner. BJM says “Thats on you!”

On both of them my man. More so Andy for being the big boy who has a smaller opponent begging to be punched at.

Then again, Nick is also sort of countery as well, which Condit took advantage of.

Remember when a dream fight was Anderson vs Machida? Yikes

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I think Yoel won the post fight talk hands down.
Both guys are doing their best to save face. So frustrating watching two counter fighters play the "no, you risk everything first" game then point the finger when neither is willing. Lol at Yoel spending the vast majority of the fight standing still then calling for a brawl in the dying seconds. Izzy calling for this fight knowing full well Romero's style then acting surprised when he can't get a reaction is equally lame. Of that same Isreal shows up to fight Costa he's gonna get flattened.