Society A Celebration of the Life and Comedy of Norm McDonald

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
The three punchline joke rules.

God this sucks.

Humor as dry as the Sahara, very intelligent, sarcastic as hell, funny.

What a loss. Gonna have to rewatch a lot of stuff tonight.
?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
The comedian’s longtime producing partner and friend Lori Jo Hoekstra, who was with him when he died, said Macdonald had been battling cancer for nearly a decade but was determined to keep his health struggles private, away from family, friends and fans.

“He was most proud of his comedy,” Hoekstra said. “He never wanted the diagnosis to affect the way the audience or any of his loved ones saw him. Norm was a pure comic. He once wrote that ‘a joke should catch someone by surprise, it should never pander.’ He certainly never pandered. Norm will be missed terribly.”

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
On top of his overall comedic talent, he was probably the funniest cunt in the history of late night talk shows.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
"I used to think revenge was a dish best served cold. Then I realized it meant 'getting back at somebody'."

- Norm McDonald

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
On top of his overall comedic talent, he was probably the funniest cunt in the history of late night talk shows.
I recall being shocked at his firing from Weekend Update.

But that lead to this gem

1.5 yrs after Norm Macdonald was fired from Saturday Night Live, he was asked back to host. In his opening monologue he asked "How did I go from not being funny enough, to being so funny I'm hosting the damn show? Then it occured to me. I haven't gotten funnier - the show has gotten really bad."

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
A friend of mine and @Lars sent me a text offering condolences on losing a national treasure. I told him "We're not accepting condolences, only inappropriate jokes. It's what Norm would have wanted."
Fuck yes.
I will be dedicating all of my sarcastic comments to Norm in the future.

"That underhanded burn is for Norm."

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
He was one of the greats. I fucking loved everything he did. My wife texted me that he died while I was on lunch today. It fucking crushed me.