Lifestyle A coworker was driving drunk

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
So no seatbelts either?
Correct. Neither were wearing their seatbelts.

When I was in high school we had to watch a video called Room to Live about wearing seat belts. It was the 1st safety video that I'd seen that didn't come across as bullshit. It really drove the point home for me. Seatbelts have been second nature ever since.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
One of the reasons I don't drive is that I totally lack judgment when drunk. One of my convictions is for drunk driving.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
You have to pay a fine here for not wearing em or not having your kids wear em.
We do too, but it is seldom enforced in my city. Cops here use that law more as a tool to be able to pull over someone that they have a funny feeling about, but no other just cause.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
One of the reasons I don't drive is that I totally lack judgment when drunk. One of my convictions is for drunk driving.
Sorry to hear about the conviction.

Yeah, I've totally had those nights where the drink has erased my judgement. A couple of plump birds can attest to that o_O

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Used to do it all the time, ashamed to say I did it but I did.

Sorry to hear it chief........
All of us have, unfortunately. It's the ones who drink a 12 pack or a fifth of tequila and think they're ok to drive that you see in these stories. I've driven home after having a beer with dinner

Nemo?

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Dec 2, 2015
I've only drove home "too" drunk once and I took country road's which doubled my trip but I only saw 3 car's on my way home.

Drunk driving is for idiot's....it's a very simple thing to plan for and avoid.

Since having my daughter I've never had more than 2 beer(always with a meal) and got behind the wheel.

I got pulled over once and the cop was a gent and let me off....after that I learned my lesson.

Sorry Chief @Chief to hear about your co-worker and bosses daughter hopefully they pull through with no long term injuries.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Drunk driving is for idiot's....it's a very simple thing to plan for and avoid.

The level of drunk driving justification in my social circles until my early 20s is kind of disgusting in retrospect.

I'm shocked more didn't die. It was culturally 'okay.'

Nemo?

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Dec 2, 2015
The level of drunk driving justification in my social circles until my early 20s is kind of disgusting in retrospect.

Same here but we were never idiot's about it( as much as I hate saying it).

IMO everyone know's when they shouldn't be getting behind the wheel because they are feeling a little too good....but who listen's right?

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015

Agreed. it happened every weekend with my friends and myself back in the early 90s.

M

member 3289

Back in the day (1970s according to my folks), it was largely tolerated, even by the police, except for "extreme" levels of intoxication.

Cops wouldn't arrest or write citations for those who were only "moderately" drunk. They would just follow them to the nearest diner and make them drink a cup of coffee.

So if you got a DUI, you had to be fucking shitfaced beyond belief. In other words, you had to be one of the biggest retards in the world.

George W Bush was arrested for DUI in the state of Maine in 1976.