General A day that will live in infamy. 80 years ago

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Poiupoiu

50 cents per post
Oct 26, 2015
i am interested in wwII and i was in the US navy, stationed at pearl harbor.

a new 3 part tv show is on the bbc "attack on pearl harbor", the show has a few 100+ year old survivors

Poiupoiu

50 cents per post
Oct 26, 2015
did the US know in advance and let it happen? no

a week before, they knew something was up, but no clue where, when or why

the day before the US decoded a jap message that basically said something will happen on the morning of the 7th

US thought most likely phillipines

Poiupoiu

50 cents per post
Oct 26, 2015
3 missed signals on the morning of 7th

1 - mini sub at the entrance to ph, sunk. sub reports were commonly misreported

2 - radar. the officer in charge dismissed radar reports as incoming US planes

3 - warning message from washington dc delayed because it went through western union

Poiupoiu

50 cents per post
Oct 26, 2015
Montemayor on YouTube did a great video detailing the attack. It helps to visualise exactly what happened, as well as why the Japanese pilots attacked the ships they did.
i checked your link and watching now. i am already a recent subscriber to montermayor yt, but his videos are rare. i didnt see this one.

good recap.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
i am interested in wwII and i was in the US navy, stationed at pearl harbor.

a new 3 part tv show is on the bbc "attack on pearl harbor", the show has a few 100+ year old survivors
My grandfather told me stories of being stationed at Pearl.
All I remember is him saying he was walking back towards to base from (Tibbet's Field?) and switched out uniforms with dead soldiers, but I never understood that.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
3 missed signals on the morning of 7th

1 - mini sub at the entrance to ph, sunk. sub reports were commonly misreported

2 - radar. the officer in charge dismissed radar reports as incoming US planes

3 - warning message from washington dc delayed because it went through western union
2. My grandfather said they used to look up and wave at the planes flying overhead, then one day they did the same but this one they were wearing the wrong fighters and dropped bombs

T

The Big Guy

Look into the USS liberty if you think that's shady

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
i checked your link and watching now. i am already a recent subscriber to montermayor yt, but his videos are rare. i didnt see this one.

good recap.
Yeah, he is the epitome of quality over quantity. One video maybe every six months, but they are always meticulously researched and extremely well presented.

Poiupoiu

50 cents per post
Oct 26, 2015
2. My grandfather said they used to look up and wave at the planes flying overhead, then one day they did the same but this one they were wearing the wrong fighters and dropped bombs
hickam air force base is right next door to ph, always f-15s flying by when i was there

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
hickam air force base is right next door to ph, always f-15s flying by when i was there
I actually just asked my ma about it. She said he was an officer, and walking back to base in the morning.
I guess the uniform changing makes sense, they needed to look less like priority targets for the gunners.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
did the US know in advance and let it happen? no

a week before, they knew something was up, but no clue where, when or why

the day before the US decoded a jap message that basically said something will happen on the morning of the 7th

US thought most likely phillipines
Yeah.

It's the same as 9/11.

They knew something was up. They were very concerned.

That's a million miles from knowing where, what, when. ?

??

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
i saw a really good doc on pearl harbor. i think it was episode 3 of Netflix's "WWII in color" (which i've seen two or three times. its solid)

1638575507195.png

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
My cousin was stationed there in the 90’s. He told me the sub was still leaking oil into ocean. Bullshit?