A detailed look at the UFC/Reebok deal

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
They will probably sell some of it on ufc.com just like the MLB and NFL sells game worn jerseys. The question I have is, will the fighters see that money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
so fighters will have to be stuck with one color? what if you get shit brown, and nobody wants to buy your stuff? this sounds like a huge problem in the making. +500 fighters won't be able to get the colors they would even want, and won't have any variety. the ufc can sell sponsorship spots on any gear? so they can sponsor patch your shit, but you can't?

Ministry of Silly Walks

First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
also, on the donations to charity, i bet that tax deduction is for zuffa, and not the fighters that the money is taken from.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
ministry of silly walks;n194 said:
so fighters will have to be stuck with one color? what if you get shit brown, and nobody wants to buy your stuff? this sounds like a huge problem in the making. +500 fighters won't be able to get the colors they would even want, and won't have any variety. the ufc can sell sponsorship spots on any gear? so they can sponsor patch your shit, but you can't?

In other news, Zuffa will now require all fighters to obtain fashion design degrees. No tuition reimbursement, of course.

Ministry of Silly Walks

First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
I Wild Each It;n198 said:
In other news, Zuffa will now requite all fighters to obtain fashion design degrees. No tuition reimbursement, of course.
it sounds like joe silva will be picking for all the unranked people. this whole thing is fucked, from top to bottom.

Winnson

We can't stop here. This is bat country!
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Remember when they said fighters had to get a twitter, and then started firing fighters over bad tweets?

The UFC is just one awesome decision after another it seems.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Winnson;n239 said:
Remember when they said fighters had to get a twitter, and then started firing fighters over bad tweets?

The UFC is just one awesome decision after another it seems.

Lmao..............

Ministry of Silly Walks

First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
does anyone else see people jumping ship to other promotions? i'm sure the champs will stay, but what about top 10's that made lots off their own clothes, and big sponsors?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
ministry of silly walks;n292 said:
does anyone else see people jumping ship to other promotions? i'm sure the champs will stay, but what about top 10's that made lots off their own clothes, and big sponsors?

I absolutely do. Problem is, Zuffa has locked a lot of their top guys up in long term contracts, so they don't have the option to test free agency. I hope we see household names moved over to Bellator and OncFC.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I honestly have an issue with the corner guys having to dress in the reeshit gear. I mean are they getting compensated as the fighters or are they being forced to wear the uniform without pay?

Ministry of Silly Walks

First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
dacofty said:
I honestly have an issue with the corner guys having to dress in the reeshit gear. I mean are they getting compensated as the fighters or are they being forced to wear the uniform without pay?
i'd guess they get paid out of the fighters money only.

Winnson

We can't stop here. This is bat country!
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Pretty soon when you join The UFC you're going to get a number tattooed to your forehead and that is what you will forever be known by for the rest of your time on this Earth.

Talk about control freaks.

WEWEREONABREAK

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Imagine being a fighter and having that headache dropped onto you on fight week, on top of all the other shit with which you're already dealing...

If I were a champ or a top fighter, I'd pay the fines and not wear it.

"Why?"

"It's uncomfortable."

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
No matter what they try to do to be in the same league as the other professional sports, the UFC makes themselves look more like in the same league as Ringling Bros Circus. This is becoming quite a side show

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
dacofty;n813 said:
No matter what they try to do to be in the same league as the other professional sports, the UFC makes themselves look more like in the same league as Ringling Bros Circus. This is becoming quite a side show
Has been for a WHILE now. They haven't made a truly sound decision that I can think of in over 2 years.