A great Canadian artist that most Canadians don't even know about!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Well shit, now who's serious? If you like the guy's music then have at er, if someone else doesn't then who cares?
I never wrote that I discovered this trend, I just noticed it.

But anyhow, seeing as you asked- it's like every time I hear someone name drop in a song, and this is probably JUST me, I think "those fuckin cunts are trying to get some cred through association- fuck them and their cheap-ass tuen." An omage is one thing, but just tossing in "oh we were listening to ccr" in your tune is f'n lame marketing.

There's a lot of good music these days and everyone likes something different so I hope I wasn't too much of a wet blanket and you keep posting stuff you like.
Not at all, and I am actually enjoying reading what you have to say. Personally, I couldn't disagree more, but you've still got me thinking about something I otherwise wouldn't be thinking about. I'm not sure what song has the lyric you are referring to about "oh we're listening to ccr," but if I were to hear that I wouldn't perceive it as someone trying to float their song by on the term ccr. If it's a shitty song it's not going to matter who is mentioned in it, it's still a shitty song. Same goes the other way in my opinion. If I hear that same lyric about ccr I am envisioning the scene, because sitting around and listening to ccr is a feel good vibe, so I am feeling what the singer is trying to portray with his story. Anyways, I'm off to bed. Thanks for chiming in!

#NowPlaying Run Like Hell - 2011 - Remaster by Pink Floyd from The Wall [2011 - Remaster] (2011 Remastered Version)

Bed! :D

Well nearly.

Are you sure? He gives the warmest and most excellent hugs in all the land.
hmmmm, you make a compelling case but....if he really wants a hug he can't go pretending he's the one that's offering.

Not at all, and I am actually enjoying reading what you have to say. Personally, I couldn't disagree more, but you've still got me thinking about something I otherwise wouldn't be thinking about. I'm not sure what song has the lyric you are referring to about "oh we're listening to ccr," but if I were to hear that I wouldn't perceive it as someone trying to float their song by on the term ccr. If it's a shitty song it's not going to matter who is mentioned in it, it's still a shitty song. Same goes the other way in my opinion. If I hear that same lyric about ccr I am envisioning the scene, because sitting around and listening to ccr is a feel good vibe, so I am feeling what the singer is trying to portray with his story. Anyways, I'm off to bed. Thanks for chiming in!

He is a bit of a cunt.

Sleep well brother.

So we both dig CCR...then it's only a matter of time until we find some tunes we both enjoy (homegrown stuff) :)

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
#NowPlaying Run Like Hell - 2011 - Remaster by Pink Floyd from The Wall [2011 - Remaster] (2011 Remastered Version)

Bed! :D

Well nearly.
My favorite band of all time. Saw Pink Floyd three times in Toronto, and I also saw Roger Waters three times in Toronto. I've heard it all many times over. Was just listening to Pigs on the Wing earlier today. Love that little gem!

Last edited:

My favorite band of all time. Saw Pink Floyd three times in Toronto, and I also saw Roger Waters three times in Toronto. I've heard it all many times over. Was just listening to Pig on the Wing earlier today. Love that little gem!

This is why we will be forever friends. ;)

M

member 1013

My favorite band of all time. Saw Pink Floyd three times in Toronto, and I also saw Roger Waters three times in Toronto. I've heard it all many times over. Was just listening to Pig on the Wing earlier today. Love that little gem!
You spelt favourite wrong bro.

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
You spelt favourite wrong bro.

I love grammar police bud! What's worse is that I am someone who takes pride in such things and you have called me out on one of my most embarrassing faux pas.........I went with the American spelling over my own Canadian version of the word, which I rarely do. However, I have found myself allowing the unpatriotic practice to seep in with words like favorite/favourite, honor/ honour, and color/colour because I have spent the last few years working with an American company and it just seemed easy at times to amend those words rather than confuse my poor counterparts, lol! You know what? You have called me on it, I am ashamed, and now I can say with all confidence that it will never happen again!

Favorite and favourite are different spellings of the same word. Favorite is the preferred spelling in the U.S., whilefavourite is preferred in all the other main varieties of English. These preferences extend to all derivatives, includingfavorites/favourites, favoritism/favouritism, and favorited/favourited.

Favourite has been the preferred spelling in British English for several centuries, but this does not mean that favorite is a late arrival to the language or even American in origin. In fact, the OED lists instances of favorite from as long ago as the 17th century. Milton used it in Paradise Lost and, and William Wordsworth used it around 1800 (and many more examples are easily found in historical Google Books searches). The preference for favourite was not well established in British English until the first half of the 19th century, which, as the below ngram shows, is around the same time Americans settled on what is now their spelling:

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
His name is Ridley Bent!

If you listen to this song all the way through I will be surprised if you aren't impressed. Consider it a challenge! For you guitar players out there you will love the old dude picking away.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9ZiTzsjBKc

The studio version of this song is faster and more kickass but it's not available on youtube.
Ho, where has thou been?

M

member 1013

I love grammar police bud! What's worse is that I am someone who takes pride in such things and you have called me out on one of my most embarrassing faux pas.........I went with the American spelling over my own Canadian version of the word, which I rarely do. However, I have found myself allowing the unpatriotic practice to seep in with words like favorite/favourite, honor/ honour, and color/colour because I have spent the last few years working with an American company and it just seemed easy at times to amend those words rather than confuse my poor counterparts, lol! You know what? You have called me on it, I am ashamed, and now I can say with all confidence that it will never happen again!

Favorite and favourite are different spellings of the same word. Favorite is the preferred spelling in the U.S., whilefavourite is preferred in all the other main varieties of English. These preferences extend to all derivatives, includingfavorites/favourites, favoritism/favouritism, and favorited/favourited.

Favourite has been the preferred spelling in British English for several centuries, but this does not mean that favorite is a late arrival to the language or even American in origin. In fact, the OED lists instances of favorite from as long ago as the 17th century. Milton used it in Paradise Lost and, and William Wordsworth used it around 1800 (and many more examples are easily found in historical Google Books searches). The preference for favourite was not well established in British English until the first half of the 19th century, which, as the below ngram shows, is around the same time Americans settled on what is now their spelling:
LMAO I lurv u dude