General A guy died by eating too many tacos, his son is suing

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015

FRESNO, Calif. -- The son of a California man who choked to death during an amateur taco eating contest at a minor league baseball game is suing the event’s organizers for negligence.

Eighteen-year-old Marshall Hutchings’ lawsuit filed Monday alleges his father, Dana Hutchings, was not made aware of the risks and danger involved in an eating competition, the Fresno Bee reported.

The 41-year-old died after choking on tacos while competing in the contest during a Fresno Grizzlies game on Aug. 13, 2019. Participants competed to devour as many tacos as possible during a certain amount of time.

The suit names Fresno Sports and Events, the owner of the Grizzlies.

“We won't be making any public comments," Grizzlies President Derek Frank said in an email.

Professionals in the sport of competitive eating train and make themselves physically ready to participate, Hutchings’ attorney Martin Taleisnik said.

“But that is not always present in an amateur eating contest,” Taleisnik said. “The conductors of this event should have made the risks known to the competitors and taken steps to protect them.”

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
There's a little Chinese (or something like that) gal that can eat more than a polar bear I saw on YouTube one time. Them professional eaters are crazy

T

The Big Guy

They should have had medical services at a sporting event with a side of taco eating. If they didnt that could be an issue but they seem to be suing for a moronic reason

"Dana Hutchings, was not made aware of the risks and danger involved in an eating competition, the Fresno Bee reported"

Everyone knows the risk of eating food. Choking is a well known hazard. I feel like a solid teep kick could launch a taco outta someone's esophagus in an emergency

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Someone getting sued in California?
This is my shocked face: ?

Sadly this is why fun is nearly dead in this world. I mean who doesn't want to see some drunk fat fuck gobble down 27 tacos in 5 minutes?

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
professional eaters train to swallow their food whole almost so they chew less. probably should have been a paramedic at the stadium if there is a sporting event even high school teams will have them around or some sort of medic. Darwinism strikes again I guess.

edit:just noticed this was in fresno the ghettoness around the whole event now makes sense.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
how much money does this family think they will get from the Fresno grizzlies? maybe if they sue the MLB affiliate.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
Just guessing here - but hopefully a toilet.

How would you measure the weight, length and density of the stools if they are flushed away 'accidently' by say a rival?

You would need a professional set up to capture the turds intact after the extruding process.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
professional eaters train to swallow their food whole almost so they chew less. probably should have been a paramedic at the stadium if there is a sporting event even high school teams will have them around or some sort of medic. Darwinism strikes again I guess.

edit:just noticed this was in fresno the ghettoness around the whole event now makes sense.
Fresno: Come on Vacation, Leave on Probation

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
You would need a professional set up to capture the turds intact after the extruding process.
professional nah they are jaded to the fecal field. give me a scrappy team of amatuers with a real passion, dedication and desire for turd extraction anyday...ANYDAY! tip of the spear guys from around the globe with a good chemistry and camaraderie.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Hmmmm

I'm thinking we should have a taco eating contest...