a** hole owner/instrutor

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jiffy78

Lurker
Aug 8, 2018
doing a groupon at this kickboxing gym. not sure why but coach there is bit of a a *** hole and very rude and direct and blunt
one time went to shelf and took pair boxing gloves(huge stack boxing gloves) assuming they are loaners for clients to use, he says they belonged to someone and said take them off and put it back-he says this in a really rude harsh direct way. i mean how would i have known it belonged to someone. im new there

another time while he was demostrating the cross punch infront of the class he shows us how to do it and then shows us the improper way to do it and then he points to me and says you do it that way out loud(improper way to do it).
kind embrassed me infront of class and isnt that unprofessional.

he'll show me us a technique and if it isnt up to his standard he'll act rude and yell at you. i wasn't doing the foot work part right , and he pretended to take a big kick to my leg but didnt act on it . he seems pissed if you dont get it down pat.
if he teaches you and your getting it then great but if it takes time he doesn't seem to have the patience .

you think a owner of a gym would be nice to a client who might be a potential member and sign up. i was actually thinking of signing up but wont

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
doing a groupon at this kickboxing gym. not sure why but coach there is bit of a a *** hole and very rude and direct and blunt
one time went to shelf and took pair boxing gloves(huge stack boxing gloves) assuming they are loaners for clients to use, he says they belonged to someone and said take them off and put it back-he says this in a really rude harsh direct way. i mean how would i have known it belonged to someone. im new there

another time while he was demostrating the cross punch infront of the class he shows us how to do it and then shows us the improper way to do it and then he points to me and says you do it that way out loud(improper way to do it).

he'll show me us a technique and if it isnt up to his standard he'll act rude and yell at you. i wasn't doing the foot work part right , and he pretended to take a big kick to my leg but didnt act on it . he seems pissed if you dont get it down pat.
if he teaches you and your getting it then great but if it takes time he doesn't seem to have the patience .

you think a owner of a gym would be nice to a client who might be a potential member and sign up. i was actually thinking of signing up but wont
If you post your general area, there may be members here who can recommend a good place for you to try out.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

Hi Jiffy
welcome to forum
I don't have advice for that but enjoy

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
There’s too much one side of this story if I’m honest.....no disrespect but I walked into a Thai boxing gym and no issues at all

M

member 3289

He prob has no ground game. If you know how to grapple, single leg his bitch ass and choke him the fuck out the next time he does that shit.

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
Better to try a new gym. Don't give your money to assholes. Certain gyms/places have toxic mentalities. You can feel it.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
oP did you vote for Hillary? Maybe all that shit that hurt your feelings was right and your coach is trying to help you grow a dick?

This is Kung Fu mang. If he pissed you off so much then type up a waiver and challenge him to a death match!

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
In my experience gyms tend to frown on members showing up naked to cardio-kickboxing classes. You WERE naked, right? No? Beta.

J @jiffy78

Look at it this way, when the instructor takes time to specifically mention something you're doing (right or wrong) in terms of technique, it shows he's paying attention to you. Without being a critical asshole (my default setting), I'd recommend looking at it all differently and have confidence in the fact you ARE being noticed.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

The Big Guy

Some guys are dicks and he may be worthless but i learn mma and construction related things much better from a hard ass. The trick is to do it right and not fall into a habit of trying to please them. Id rather hear im wrong than let me do bad techniques

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
I would definitely suggest you shop around if possible. Never settle for the first gym without trying out others. Picking a gym is like trying to choose a family to be a member of. It gets much more awkward when you stick with a place you’re not happy with and need to leave 6 months later to go to another gym. People will start taking shit etc etc. especially if they promote unprofessional behavior like that.

The gym I went to for a little while trains HARD but they’re not assholes. They will show you what you’re doing wrong and how to adjust. They take it one step at a time since they understand that it’s not a race to get good. It’s the work involved. The years and dedication you need to put in to get good don’t need to involve a shitty attitude. It’s why Mike Perry and Jacare go there now. They believe in hespect not being hard asses. Polite or not the work is still HARD and you will have to be dedicated to keep up. ;)

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
1. Ask yourself if you are too sensitive, and be honest with yourself.

2. If you still think he's an asshole, don't go back unless you think he'll teach you a lot and it's worth it.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Whenever I feel like getting my ass kicked.
I got beat up by a woman once. I was talking trash before we rolled, but I had forgotten I'm total shit at bjj and she whipped me