A.J. Mckee willing to fight Aaron Pico?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I asked AJ Saturday who he wanted next.

After Aaron Pico KO'd Higo

The interesting thing here, particularly in light of dad Antonio Mckee coaching both and being training partners, as well as Aaron's post-fight press-conference answers, is the body language I observed.

"Man, you now how it is, I want the belt...but you know...
*hold on pose for pic, waves me back over and leans into my ear & whispers*
I gotta do what's right for MY family, I gotta put food on my table, you know what I'm sayin'?"

TheEmperorRises @TheEmperorRises brought this up in another thread so I thought I'd pry if I could Saturday & got lucky.

AJ is the bigger man being 5'10".

Websites, imo, generously give Pico 5'7" imo, but it's Pico that debuted at lightweight.

Pico's post-fight comments regarding the topic:

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Pico called out Pitbull, might AJ go up and battle for the LW title?

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
Pico called out Pitbull, might AJ go up and battle for the LW title?
I think one of them would go to LW, or Pico might even try for BW before they'd ever fight each other. Or at least that's the feeling I get from Pico. More of a Lyoto Machida - Anderson Silva vibe than a Tito Ortiz - Chuck Liddell vibe.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
HELL YEAH! We need some real legit fights now. We are starting to develop contenders and when that happens its good to see everyone tested. Bellator really needs to change its model. Coker is going the SF ways with older legends/vets and that might be good for some sneaky not realistic ratings which do not even always come. They need to get young fighters and start to showcase fighters and fight properly. What he shouldve done is from the beginning done it this way, had some vets to help balance it out a bit and by the time we got here he shouldve had a full fledged roster of legit talent. There is legit talent out there in so many countries you just need to put on some fights and get some new talent.

TheEmperorRises

Dec 4, 2015
HELL YEAH! We need some real legit fights now. We are starting to develop contenders and when that happens its good to see everyone tested. Bellator really needs to change its model. Coker is going the SF ways with older legends/vets and that might be good for some sneaky not realistic ratings which do not even always come. They need to get young fighters and start to showcase fighters and fight properly. What he shouldve done is from the beginning done it this way, had some vets to help balance it out a bit and by the time we got here he shouldve had a full fledged roster of legit talent. There is legit talent out there in so many countries you just need to put on some fights and get some new talent.
Name a division and I'll tell you the young fighter they have who will own said division soon.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Think he’s used the older fighters to showcase the prospects that he puts on the same card. Smart move IMO.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Think he’s used the older fighters to showcase the prospects that he puts on the same card. Smart move IMO.
Agreed but i feel like we didnt see enough of those prospects and they didnt get highlighted as much so we almost forgot them. I mean besides a few who do you remember?

TheEmperorRises

Dec 4, 2015
Agreed but i feel like we didnt see enough of those prospects and they didnt get highlighted as much so we almost forgot them. I mean besides a few who do you remember?
From which card, or do you mean overall since Coker took over...?

TheEmperorRises

Dec 4, 2015
Overall since he took over.
By division-

HW
Tyrell Fortune
Valentin Maldovsky
Justin Wren

LHW
Vadim Nemkov
Tyree Fortune
Jordan Young
Karl Moore

MW
Rafael Lovato Jr
Anatoly Tokov
Chidi Njokuani
Mike Shipman

WW
Michael Venom Page
Ed Ruth
Neiman Gracie
Logan Storely
Yaroslav Amosov

LW
Brent Primus
Goiti Yammauchi
Adam Piccolotti
Zach Freeman

FW
Emmanuel Sanchez
Aaron Pico
AJ McKee
Gaston Bolanos
Tywan Claxton

BW
Darrion Caldwell
Joe Taimanglo
Ricky Bandejas
James Gallagher

WFW
Ilima-Lei Macfarlane
Kristina Williams

Some of those names are champion now, but they weren't when Coker took over. Some of those names will be champion soon.

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
By division-

HW
Tyrell Fortune
Valentin Maldovsky
Justin Wren

LHW
Vadim Nemkov
Tyree Fortune
Jordan Young
Karl Moore

MW
Rafael Lovato Jr
Anatoly Tokov
Chidi Njokuani
Mike Shipman

WW
Michael Venom Page
Ed Ruth
Neiman Gracie
Logan Storely
Yaroslav Amosov

LW
Brent Primus
Goiti Yammauchi
Adam Piccolotti
Zach Freeman

FW
Emmanuel Sanchez
Aaron Pico
AJ McKee
Gaston Bolanos
Tywan Claxton

BW
Darrion Caldwell
Joe Taimanglo
Ricky Bandejas
James Gallagher

WFW
Ilima-Lei Macfarlane
Kristina Williams

Some of those names are champion now, but they weren't when Coker took over. Some of those names will be champion soon.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
By division-

HW
Tyrell Fortune
Valentin Maldovsky
Justin Wren

LHW
Vadim Nemkov
Tyree Fortune
Jordan Young
Karl Moore

MW
Rafael Lovato Jr
Anatoly Tokov
Chidi Njokuani
Mike Shipman

WW
Michael Venom Page
Ed Ruth
Neiman Gracie
Logan Storely
Yaroslav Amosov

LW
Brent Primus
Goiti Yammauchi
Adam Piccolotti
Zach Freeman

FW
Emmanuel Sanchez
Aaron Pico
AJ McKee
Gaston Bolanos
Tywan Claxton

BW
Darrion Caldwell
Joe Taimanglo
Ricky Bandejas
James Gallagher

WFW
Ilima-Lei Macfarlane
Kristina Williams

So where they at?