A Master's in Organizational Leadership or an MBA?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
im trying to decide on one of the two for Grad school. I keep hearing a Master's in OL is a lot more beneficial and provides more opportunity than an MBA currently does. I don't intend on pursuing a job in finance or project management so maybe organizational leadership is a better fit for me.

Any advice?

Bear in mind that my company is covering Grad school for me so I am not losing out with either option.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
I've heard several people say that an MBA is not worth it. Not sure where you are planing to go, but the MBA programs I've looked at are crazy expensive. The increase in pay has not been enough to make it worthwhile for people I know. Then again, I live in a town of less than 100k people, maybe there is more opportunity in bigger cities.
I think MBA has a lot of prestige, but at this point I would probably go for the organizational leadership. I imagine they aren't as expensive and not as finance focused. The thought of more finance classes makes me want to hit myself in the nuts with a hammer.

Last edited:

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I've heard several people say that an MBA is not worth it. Not sure where you are planing to go, but the MBA programs I've looked at are crazy expensive. The increase in pay has not been enough to make it worthwhile for people I know. Then again, I live in a town of less than 100k people, maybe there is more opportunity in bigger cities.
I think MBA has a lot of prestige, but at this point I would probably go for the organizational leadership. I imagine they aren't as expensive and not as finance focused. The thought of more finance classes makes me want to hit myself in the nuts with a hammer.
Yea, that's kind of how I feel. I work for a system of online and ground schools so I can get the degree for free aside from books. im still mulling it over.