General A question for the men of the forum

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Gentlemen,
Would you change oil on your new motor after the break in time was completed (break in done per manufacturer procedure)?
OR.
Would you do your first oil change at the prescribed interval, as per the manufacturer?

I can see and understand the argument for both choices. Personally, for gears I do it early, for motors I tend to do it per manufacturer specs.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I said the men.

To properly check it I'd need to at least cut the filter open and add some back in, and a new filter. At that point might as well just change the whole thing.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I said the men.

To properly check it I'd need to at least cut the filter open and add some back in, and a new filter. At that point might as well just change the whole thing.
Ever hear of general atomics? Predator, reaper. They send thier engines to me because I am legally qualified to fix them to agree further than thier own employees.

You keep guessing tho.

Ignore my free advice because thier won't be any more

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Ever hear of general atomics? Predator, reaper. They send thier engines to me because I am legally qualified to fix them to agree further than thier own employees.

You keep guessing tho.

Ignore my free advice because thier won't be any more
How can anyone take anything you say seriously when Stephen Hawking had thicker legs than you?

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Gentlemen,
Would you change oil on your new motor after the break in time was completed (break in done per manufacturer procedure)?
OR.
Would you do your first oil change at the prescribed interval, as per the manufacturer?

I can see and understand the argument for both choices. Personally, for gears I do it early, for motors I tend to do it per manufacturer specs.
Option B.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
If I’m going to cut the filter open, add some back in, and then add a new filter, at that point I just change the whole thing.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
If I’m going to cut the filter open, add some back in, and then add a new filter, at that point I just change the whole thing.
I guess maybe I could trouble myself to pull the dipstick after everything is warmed up tomorrow when I take the boy out and then go from there.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Fucken mongs.

I'm licensed by rotax, rolls Royce, and navair on the two stroke and rotary engines they use.

Some other jet engines I forgot from gay ass helicopters.

If I tell you something you better damn listen!

Or not.

I won't bring up engines again.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Fucken mongs.

I'm licensed by rotax, rolls Royce, and navair on the two stroke and rotary engines they use.

Or not.

You couldn’t tune a lawnmower.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I load software and install avionics. Yet I somehow wind up an expert mechanic too. You bitches gay.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Finally, someone with a good base for athletic movements. I appreciate and respect your input.
He's top-heavy, on not exactly "agile".
But certainly an upgrade.

To answer the question, I'd have to know what the difference is between manufacturers break-in time and prescribed interval; and what type of vehicle.
eg; Hummer or Corvette.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Fucken mongs.

Or not.

This is a jet, don't worry I already asked my buddy who's a NASA engineer.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
He's top-heavy, on not exactly "agile".
But certainly an upgrade.

To answer the question, I'd have to know what the difference is between manufacturers break-in time and prescribed interval; and what type of vehicle.
eg; Hummer or Corvette.
2 hours of 10 minute intervals. 9 minutes spent at 4200 rpm's or less, varying. 1 minute wide throttle
Next 8 hours WOT for no longer than 5 min.
It's a Mercury 115/80 Jet.