General A question for the men of the forum

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
2 hours of 10 minute intervals. 9 minutes spent at 4200 rpm's or less, varying. 1 minute wide throttle
Next 8 hours WOT for no longer than 5 min.
It's a Mercury 115/80 Jet.
Sorry, I thought we were talking about motor vehicles.
And now just realized I'm less of a man.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
No, you don't, he'd have beaten you up.
Not at Vandenberg. Only went there once and I was a gs14 at the time. Or after they signed my shit I was. I needed to be able to tell everyone to fuck off in case the plane broke and became a hazard.

They diddnt pay me like one but I got civvy rank.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
what would be wrong with option A?

I don't really have an opinion on it...I expect the prescribed change is well researched and far before the danger zone.

Zero experience with Jet outboards I have

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
what would be wrong with option A?

I don't really have an opinion on it...I expect the prescribed change is well researched and far before the danger zone.

Zero experience with Jet outboards I have
Nothing wrong with either way imo, just curious what other manly men think. That's for your contribution I was waiting for you to show up.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Nothing wrong with either way imo, just curious what other manly men think. That's for your contribution I was waiting for you to show up.
I neglect my outboard on my lil duck boat...it just won't die so I don't mess with it.

That outboard is way out of my league currently, so I defer.

I do have sturdy and hairy legs tho.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I neglect my outboard on my lil duck boat...it just won't die so I don't mess with it.

That outboard is way out of my league currently, so I defer.

I do have sturdy and hairy legs tho.
My old 2 stroke I beat the piss out of. I'd change the gear oil after duck season and just feed it gas and oil.

This motor is more "substantial" and I want it to last a very long time.

M

member 3289

Only peasants change their own oil. You're saving yourself a measly 5 or 10 fucking dollars by not taking it somewhere

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
My old 2 stroke I beat the piss out of. I'd change the gear oil after duck season and just feed it gas and oil.

This motor is more "substantial" and I want it to last a very long time.
U ya
I am still processing the image of the Jet Outboard

I have been looking stuff up last 40 minutes

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
U ya
I am still processing the image of the Jet Outboard

I have been looking stuff up last 40 minutes
I'm getting some intake fins, I'll let you know how they work. We are losing traction in our hole shot, not a huge deal but I'd like to not do burn outs.

Let me know if you want specific pics.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
You can potentially swap your current outboards lower unit out for a jet one, depending on HP and a few other things.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Good stuff.

I don't know shit about that boat or motor, instant throttle response should be achieved if possible though.

I drove a larger internal jet boat up a river, and a small recreational jet boat that sat 4...never looked at any internals.

I got pulled so fast on a wakeboard once behind the small one my old orange life jacket turned into stuffing and fabric when I crashed...I think it was like 50ish MPH

I just know clean oil is good oil.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Good stuff.

I don't know shit about that boat or motor, instant throttle response should be achieved if possible though.

I drove a larger internal jet boat up a river, and a small recreational jet boat that sat 4...never looked at any internals.

I got pulled so fast on a wakeboard once behind the small one my old orange life jacket turned into stuffing and fabric when I crashed...I think it was like 50ish MPH

I just know clean oil is good oil.
Being a flatbottom we are only getting up to about 37 mph, not a very efficient hull.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Being a flatbottom we are only getting up to about 37 mph, not a very efficient hull.
It is perfect for it's purpose and looks so smooth, that is a grown mans boat...does man shit.
I would like to see an image of the wake it creates...that would be interesting sometime.

The little one I drove was like a giant huge overpowered jetski, I looked for images but haven't found it yet...it did like 50+ and when I wrecked I was trying to gain speed by being outside of the boat as it was turning so I was much faster then I hit a bump and just flew to belize...I think I did a concussion that day...my buddy kept doing 180s in the thing, the wake would catch us and flood the interior of the boat, fucked the engine up once and we were lucky to get it start cause his dad would have kicked our asses clean in.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
It is perfect for it's purpose and looks so smooth, that is a grown mans boat...does man shit.
I would like to see an image of the wake it creates...that would be interesting sometime.

The little one I drove was like a giant huge overpowered jetski, I looked for images but haven't found it yet...it did like 50+ and when I wrecked I was trying to gain speed by being outside of the boat as it was turning so I was much faster then I hit a bump and just flew to belize...I think I did a concussion that day...my buddy kept doing 180s in the thing, the wake would catch us and flood the interior of the boat, fucked the engine up once and we were lucky to get it start cause his dad would have kicked our asses clean in.
The wake is pretty neat, it's sloppy up against the boat and has a low rooster tail that starts about 15 feet or so back, I'll try to get a Pic or video tomorrow morning when I take the boy for a spin.

Last edited: