General A question for the men of the forum

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Gentlemen,
Would you change oil on your new motor after the break in time was completed (break in done per manufacturer procedure)?
OR.
Would you do your first oil change at the prescribed interval, as per the manufacturer?

I can see and understand the argument for both choices. Personally, for gears I do it early, for motors I tend to do it per manufacturer specs.
I'll check your oil...tumblr_inline_p04tv4xZ5b1qac9hu_540.gif

tumblr_inline_p8mpwcabAU1tuuhpg_400.gif

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Please provide details on your new truck so we can argue about who has the best truck.

Another manly conversation SongExotic2 @SongExotic2 cant take part in.
Arguing about the best truck is like bragging about having the smallest dick. Of course I can't comment on it as my penis is to godly to need a truck

Miesha's Taint

Miesha's Taint
Dec 3, 2018
Thanks man, it's been a blast so far. Can't wait for hunting season and cooler weather when the fish actually bite.
I'm waiting to get better to get out with my father in law on this... Depending on his health too....Not as fun as yours but relaxing none the less.IMG_20200518_125451.jpg

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I'm waiting to get better to get out with my father in law on this... Depending on his health too....Not as fun as yours but relaxing none the less.View attachment 11469
very fun I bet, and very exciting

I used to sail a 18 foot boat around a lake around here...was so damn fun and I only have rudimentary skills

That one is 50X as cool...looks amazing really

Miesha's Taint

Miesha's Taint
Dec 3, 2018
Looks tiny.

Any time you can get out on the water is a good time. Went for a cruise at lunch today.
It's not mine my man...It is the father in law's...He has 2 but loves that one because he is a sailing guy...It's fun to be on the water man...But yours looks like a fucking fun ride.

MartyLife

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Feb 7, 2020
If one doesn't cut the lawn as such....
are they even cutting the lawn at all?

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
New motors I would be inclined to stretch the oil change until later.
Broken in motors I've heard arguments that too frequent oil changes do more damage than good.
The fuck do I know, I'm just a hack carpenter.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Gentlemen,
Would you change oil on your new motor after the break in time was completed (break in done per manufacturer procedure)?
OR.
Would you do your first oil change at the prescribed interval, as per the manufacturer?

I can see and understand the argument for both choices. Personally, for gears I do it early, for motors I tend to do it per manufacturer specs.
Depends upon the model. In a high performance car, I would say yes, irrelevant on manufacturer recommendations. Most engines are built to go with manufacturer specs, so if it's a normal car, not high performance, not being driven hard, I'd allow the dealership to do what they do for the first oil change just to make sure it's on record in case of any issues in the future with warranty claims. Most dealerships at a bare minimum cover the first oil change free of charge, so it's not like you're paying more for an oil change. If you have a car with free maintenance for the warranty period like a BMW, I'd do all maintenance at the dealership.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I am confused here

Are you a women asking for advice about oil changes ?

If you are a women then I understand you asking and creating this thread

If you are a man and don't know what to do then you will never know and actually explaining it would go way over your head

But yeah just cut the filter LOL that should do it.
You type like you have skinny legs.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I am confused here

Are you a women asking for advice about oil changes ?

If you are a women then I understand you asking and creating this thread

If you are a man and don't know what to do then you will never know and actually explaining it would go way over your head

But yeah just cut the filter LOL that should do it.
And he can't even shoot

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I can't wait until Tesla's become more common just so we can stop listening to every DUDEBRO mechanic talk about how he changes his own oil.

It's like CrossFit . They will be sure to let you know that they change their own oil .

Every single damn time
This is a thread for men, not you two yentas.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
With modern synthetic, option B is the preferred way. Only manufactures calling for the “break-in” change is motorcycle manufactures where the motorcycle utilizes a wet clutch. Bought a brand new Toyota and didn’t change it until the 10k service. If it fucks up, that’s warranty.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
I can't wait until Tesla's become more common just so we can stop listening to every DUDEBRO mechanic talk about how he changes his own oil.

It's like CrossFit . They will be sure to let you know that they change their own oil .

Every single damn time
I have about $30k worth of tools in my garage and I’m a certified master tech... I still bring my vehicles to someone else to change the oil

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
With modern synthetic, option B is the preferred way. Only manufactures calling for the “break-in” change is motorcycle manufactures where the motorcycle utilizes a wet clutch. Bought a brand new Toyota and didn’t change it until the 10k service. If it fucks up, that’s warranty.
BeardOfKnowledge @ConorMcGregorsBeard we got another smart guy driving a yota