A review of Charlie Brenneman's Autobiography: Driven

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

DMaddenMMA

May 15, 2015
When Charlie “The Spaniard” Brenneman appeared as a guest on episode 2,081 of MMA Junkie Radio (link here), I double checked the SAP button on my dial to ensure that the Spanish teacher, turned cage-fighter, was even speaking English. Instead of visiting the popular MMA radio show on the kind of stool he grew accustomed to between rounds, Brenneman proudly sat up in his author's chair to celebrate the recent publishing of his autobiography: Driven: My Unlikely Journey from Classroom to Cage (2015). Driven never remains stagnant. Idling along or at warp speed, the mindset of Brenneman never slips out of gear into neutral,

I feel an intense desire to share my story with the world and inspire people to maximize their potential in life. I hope to influence people of all ages, from young kids to adults. I have been given so much in my life, and I want to pay it forward. (p. 1)

Continue Reading at: http://wp.me/p5TG9P-7H

OCShaneBJJ

Amateur Fighter
Feb 28, 2015
I've met some pretty cool people in my MMA/BJJ journey but Charlie is one of the nicest dudes in the game. He came to Ocean City on vacation, dropped in and did a seminar and invited his buddy Justin Greskiwicz down from Stay Fly Muay Thai in Philly. They both gave an awesome seminar for barely anything and then got up early the next morning and gave me a private session for free. Justin ended up letting me come up and train some more with them and I used what Charlie taught me in my fight and ended up winning with it. Charlie texted me that night to congratulate me. He's a good family man, intelligent and hard working, he just had the balls to work for a goal that 99.9% of people who already had a good life going for them wouldn't fathom.

DMaddenMMA

May 15, 2015
I've met some pretty cool people in my MMA/BJJ journey but Charlie is one of the nicest dudes in the game. He came to Ocean City on vacation, dropped in and did a seminar and invited his buddy Justin Greskiwicz down from Stay Fly Muay Thai in Philly. They both gave an awesome seminar for barely anything and then got up early the next morning and gave me a private session for free. Justin ended up letting me come up and train some more with them and I used what Charlie taught me in my fight and ended up winning with it. Charlie texted me that night to congratulate me. He's a good family man, intelligent and hard working, he just had the balls to work for a goal that 99.9% of people who already had a good life going for them wouldn't fathom.
Such a cool response. In reading the book, everything you said it crystal clear about him. He seems like a terrific person.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
That is awesome. Amazing how many fighters are really cool and down to earth people. It's one thing that having this site has taught me.