General A thread to discuss the incoming housing bust

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 1013

I ain’t reading the content but the title has me convince he’s not.

i’m not reading that title but i decided to agree with you on this one

M

member 1013

You can do that. But I've never seen a prepayment penalty in my life. They exist, since I was always taught to make sure there wasn't any. But I've never come across one.
give me a mortgage, dad

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
You can do that. But I've never seen a prepayment penalty in my life. They exist, since I was always taught to make sure there wasn't any. But I've never come across one.
I’m done googling for the night but seeing as that law came into play in 2010 I have to assume it’s a change due to the fallout of 08.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
he’s telling the truth this time
I always tell the truth Lars. A lot of people just arent willing to accept some of it, yet. Duration from conspiracy to truth is about 3 months nowadays, so give it some time.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I always tell the truth Lars. A lot of people just arent willing to accept some of it, yet. Duration from conspiracy to truth is about 3 months nowadays, so give it some time.
I was happy to accept you big boy.

M

member 1013

i was talking about when you sold me the swampland in florida and said it was prime waterfront property

i don’t forget

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I’m done googling for the night but seeing as that law came into play in 2010 I have to assume it’s a change due to the fallout of 08.

It is. But that's just the federal update. Since the 1970s, we have removed prepayment penalties for most loans. And then many states went further. The exception was subprime loans. It was supposedly to help cover the risk for a person with bad debt from bouncing loans to loans to loans and refinancing until they finally wrote their Ponzi scheme. But in reality, it really just locked in the poorest people to even worse loan term. And of course, it's no surprise that this is the class of loans that caused the 2008 crisis.
A quick look at an old Wall Street journal article says that only about 50% of subprime loans had prepayment penalties in the '90s. But that was about 80% 10 years later.

M

member 1013

It is. But that's just the federal update. Since the 1970s, we have removed prepayment penalties for most loans. And then many states went further. The exception was subprime loans. It was supposedly to help cover the risk for a person with bad debt from bouncing loans to loans to loans and refinancing until they finally wrote their Ponzi scheme. But in reality, it really just locked in the poorest people to even worse loan term. And of course, it's no surprise that this is the class of loans that caused the 2008 crisis.
A quick look at an old Wall Street journal article says that only about 50% of subprime loans had prepayment penalties in the '90s. But that was about 80% 10 years later.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Otherwise the system will just gobble up residential ownerships and we go further towards all becoming permanent renters.

Stagflation seems a larger chance now than I ever thought it could a year ago.
1652924923200.png

My man Jeff making a bet that instead of a bust you will just see corporate overlords gobble up side down houses getting owners out "to help them".

And I was wondering where the new cash flow would come from. Here's your inflows...

Now we can all own fractional shares of the rental properties that we rent from each other ? But increasingly you can't own the house you live in. Just own single pieces of 100 other houses or 100 other people own pieces of yours. And Jeff and Co scoop cream.

M

member 1013

View attachment 68135

My man Jeff making a bet that instead of a bust you will just see corporate overlords gobble up side down houses getting owners out "to help them".

And I was wondering where the new cash flow would come from. Here's your inflows...

Now we can all own fractional shares of the rental properties that we rent from each other ? But increasingly you can't own the house you live in. Just own single pieces of 100 other houses or 100 other people own pieces of yours. And Jeff and Co scoop cream.