Aaron Pico faces Leandro Higo at Bellator 206

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016

Bellator is making its Sept. 29 card in San Jose a can’t-miss show.

In addition to a middleweight title fight, a heavyweight grudge match and the start of its welterweight grand prix tournament, Bellator 206 will feature the return of Aaron Pico to a city where he has fared well.

Three days after his 22nd birthday, the 145-pound prospect and world-class wrestler from Whittier will take on former bantamweight title challenger Leandro Higo in a featherweight showdown at SAP Center, the Southern California News Group has learned....

Aaron Pico faces Leandro Higo at Bellator 206 – Orange County Register

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I don’t get to see bellator much but if this is a tough fight for him, he’ll rise to it

He’s a wrestler, that’s that.....

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Pico is the future champ. Big step up here so it will be interesting to see how he does.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Coming from a fan of both i'm telling you pico will treat him bad.. he can take him down at will if need be.. this is awesome step up and I think it's time.

distant1

Feb 13, 2017
its a safe move up for pico as leandro is smaller, isn't as athletic and isn't the wrestler pico is; pico has the better hands and has the bigger power; that being said Higo is the best athlete Pico has faced...so for the first time in his career he won't have as much as an advantage in overall athleticism....

the biggest issue is higo maintaining the proper distance and using feints and footwork to make aaron work to get in range, work to stay in range to land counters, put strikes together and attempt takedowns...

higo can't get stuck on or by the cage, higo can't stay in front of him, higo can't let him est fwd pressure, he needs to turn him..and higo has to use long range weapons...straight counter punches...front kicks...and feints to keep aaron from builiding momentum frustrate him and force him to show his hand or overpursue and create opp for higo to counter..

also needs to tie him up and turn him if he gets trapped on or by the cage, to keep pico from teeing off and to put aaron on the cage and allow higo to operate in the open cage...

pico is athletic...aggressive...has dangerous hands..i still don't know how good his chin is, alot of his def is based on his ability to assert himself offesnsively ....his footwork isn't the greatest...and he can be had on the ground...

higo has sparred w/cejudo so i guarantee u he at least has an idea of the wrestling and athleticism pico is bringing...

if higo loses its not a huge step back due to pico name and pedigree, he just can't get blown out..if pico loses higo is a previous title challenger and one of the better fighters in the world/div...

sidenote- i work with fighters and camps on scouting opponents and coming up w/game plans... like real fighters/real camps..

so as ridiculous as u may think my take is...i promise you its legit