ACB owner turns down Nike sponsorship over athletics brand’s support of LGBTQ rights

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Over the past two years, Absolute Championship Berkut (ACB) has rapidly grown into one of the most promising MMA organizations emanating from the Russian Federation. However, despite the promotion’s impressive fight cards and talent signings, the Chechen-based fight league continues to struggle with negative publicity stemming from its owner, Mairbek Khasiev.

Khasiev, who personally funds his ACB promotion, recently took to social media to explain to his followers why his organization opted to reject a sponsorship opportunity with Nike, the renowned athletics brand.

"‘Women were created for men and men for women. Do you see animals mating with the same sex? If…

ACB owner: ‘Even the devil is afraid of the thoughts in a f****t’s mind’

TalkingLeaf

Nov 4, 2015
Why would Nike sponsor this mma org? Sounds like bs to me.

I imagine the negotiations went something like this:

Hey, Nike, will you sponsor us?

No

We reject your sponsorship!

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
Why would Nike sponsor this mma org? Sounds like bs to me.

I imagine the negotiations went something like this:

Hey, Nike, will you sponsor us?

No

We reject your sponsorship!
To sell merchandise in Russia. Not saying this is all completely true but Disney did sponsored ONE fc. Not completely odd for a company to sponsor a foreign event
ONE Turning Down Sponsors After UFC-Reebok Deal

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I remember when everyone was mad at the mean Russians for killing all the poor, oppressed Chechens......

That was before Sept. 11, 2001.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
I remember when everyone was mad at the mean Russians for killing all the poor, oppressed Chechens......

That was before Sept. 11, 2001.
But for them it was fighitn terrorist. It is only real when the US claims someone is a terrorist. Russia, or Syria cannot make those claims... oh the hypocracy

Hwoarang

TMMAC Addict
Oct 22, 2015
Good to see there are still companies out there with a back bone willing to stand up for morals in this age of Sodom.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I can't believe that a guy with ties to Putin and Kadyrov would feel so strongly against gays.