Active training when returning from injury,,,

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Lamont Cranston

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
So about a year ago I tore my rotator cuff, ripped a deltoid muscle, spiral fractured my humerus, and ended up with frozen shoulder as a result of the damage.

I've recently started back in the gym slowly.

I can hit pads again, but still have to use paddles when holding pads for others, but I can bear weight on the shoulder and I went to a BJJ class for the first time in a year.

I've put on about 25lbs since I literally couldn't do anything for about 8 months so I have to work that off too.

Cardio is shite because I couldn't jog, skip, etc anything so I have to work on that as well.

Suggestions?

Oh, I'm 53.

HARLEM

Double-hard bastard
Feb 25, 2015
I have been working on a frozen shoulder after getting shoulder surgery. PT has been great and I have been using dry needling/stim for the muscles that have issues.

I created a deficit of calories to cut the weight back down and went to keto. The weight will drop within months, at most. See if you can do some resistance training by swimming laps and using the water to make it low weight bearing for the beginning.

Lamont Cranston

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Update: Started rolling again. Having fun with it and taking my time. Been playing one armed BJJ.

Still hitting pads but using paddles to hold when I work with others.

Range of motion is slowly returning but taking it slow.