ADCC announces Frank Mir vs. Chael Sonnen 'superfight' for September event in Finland

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015

Chael Sonnen has a new opponent for his ADCC ‘superfight’ in September.

With American Top Team leader Ricardo Liborio forced out of the match due to a knee injury, Frank Mir has stepped up to face the Bellator star in Espoo, Finland, ADCC announced.

ADCC 2017 takes place at The Espoo Metro Areena on Sept. 22-24.

Mir, a former UFC heavyweight champion, is one of the best grapplers to ever compete inside the Octagon, scoring submission victories over former UFC titleholders Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira, Brock Lesnar and Tim Sylvia.

Mir is currently serving a two-year suspension by USADA, and will be cleared to compete in the UFC on April 8, 2018.

Sonnen, a three-time UFC title contender, is slated to meet Wanderlei Silva at Bellator's New York debut at Madison Square Garden on June 24. Sonnen has competed twice under grappling rules over the past few years at Metamoris, losing to ADCC gold medalist Andre Galvao and tying with Renato "Babalu" Sobral.

Full story here:
ADCC announces Frank Mir vs. Chael Sonnen 'superfight' for September event in Finland

M

member 603

Sonnen will get subbed after he takes Mir down.... I love seeing Chael step up in these grappling events, and while he's a purple belt in BJJ, Frank is better and bigger.

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
Sonnen will get subbed after he takes Mir down.... I love seeing Chael step up in these grappling events, and while he's a purple belt in BJJ, Frank is better and bigger.
I don't know if Mir will breeze through Sonnen. I think his wrestling is good enough to prolong the match beyond a minute or 2. But Mir has so many more weapons on the ground than Sonnen

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
chael takes another dive
claims he beat frank cause frank taps but ref didn't see/hear it

LOL

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Gets triangled 7x in mma.grapples frank mir under adcc rules.chael is getting twisted into a pretzel

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
ADCC, you hold on until a fucker goes out... None of that AC fine bullshit
I know this.

Guess Chael will have to fake going out then....nothing is legit with that guy.