Adductor injuries

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Jan 21, 2015
Hey all

Anyone have experience with ADDUCTOR injuries?

I tore mine a few months ago. Too much sitting in a desk @ work, shortening them, then hitting the mats without properly stretching

I tore a bunch of tendons and muscles. Won't know till Aug 24 exactly how much damage when I get an MRI

For now I've been finally cleared to start stretching and strengthening, but have been told it may never be 100%. Surgery/reattachment is apparently not an option.

This sucks because I've been working on my guard tons the past few years, my club has a really strong guard game but all those movements require strong adductors to move the legs while seated or on my back

Any insights/physio experience will be much appreciated. I really hope to get back to the mats in July (life without BJJ sux lol) but don't want to be foolish and over-do it/make it worse

Thanks

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Hey all

I tore mine a few months ago. Too much sitting in a desk @ work, shortening them, then hitting the mats without properly stretching

I tore a bunch of tendons and muscles. Won't know till Aug 24 exactly how much damage when I get an MRI

For now I've been finally cleared to start stretching and strengthening, but have been told it may never be 100%. Surgery/reattachment is apparently not an option.

This sucks because I've been working on my guard tons the past few years, my club has a really strong guard game but all those movements require strong adductors to move the legs while seated or on my back

Any insights/physio experience will be much appreciated. I really hope to get back to the mats in July (life without BJJ sux lol) but don't want to be foolish and over-do it/make it worse

Thanks
Have you looked in to the Copenhagen Series of exercises? A training partner had some recurring groin injuries and he swore by the exercises for core and 'guard' muscles.

Jan 21, 2015
Have you looked in to the Copenhagen Series of exercises? A training partner had some recurring groin injuries and he swore by the exercises for core and 'guard' muscles.
Thank you. I am back to light training again but I will definitely look into that for maintenance and re-strengthening

Cheers

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Thank you. I am back to light training again but I will definitely look into that for maintenance and re-strengthening

Cheers
from what I hear, it's like neck or back injuries. You have to rest it for along time to get it healed, and then you have to build your strength and range of motion back up slowly or you'll reinjure - possibly worse.

sorry I'm not more help. :)

Jan 21, 2015
from what I hear, it's like neck or back injuries. You have to rest it for along time to get it healed, and then you have to build your strength and range of motion back up slowly or you'll reinjure - possibly worse.

sorry I'm not more help. :)
Thanks man. I took about 3 months off without any stress on it at all. Its tempting to dive back in the deep end again and go for some hard nights of rolling but I think you're right I have to go slower to reduce the chance of just wrecking it again

getting older is weird lol

Jan 21, 2015
lol I went back to regular training last night, there was this dude stretching before class complaining that his knee hurt and was taking too long to heal.

'Getting old sucks', he said.

'Why, how old are you?"

'25.'

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Hey all

Thanks
Yes.

Do this:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og1d1cizBEE

Then buy this:

Adductors Flexibility and Strength Training