Adesanya: Jones is ‘still great, but he’s washed up now’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

UFC middleweight champion Israel Adesanya has been targeting fellow champion Jon Jones for the last couple of months now. Quite expectedly, “The Last Stylebender” had a lot to say after UFC 247, where “Bones” won a controversial decision against Dominick Reyes.

“I’ve seen him. I’ve seen what I needed to see. In the fifth round, he tried to turn it on, but he couldn’t,” Adesanya told Sporting News on Monday. “Compare his fifth round to my fifth round against Kelvin Gastelum; there’s a difference.

“He’s washed up. He’s done,” he continued. “His best years are behind him. He’s still great, but he’s washed up now. He wasn’t doing…

Israel Adesanya: Jon Jones is ‘washed up’, ‘I’ve seen what I needed to see’ at UFC 247

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
I’ve been bashing Jones since the Saturday event, but he occasionally fights like that. If I am correct, the cease in activity was also shown in the OSP fight, and early part of DC 2.

He does not like pressure being put on him much, which leads to him doing the reaching out schtick. He has one pretty great counter, the sideways cover up retreat into spinning over the top back elbow. Reyes didn’t let him do that though with constant movement, only chasing when back was completely turned.

Wouldn’t say he is washed up as much as it is fighters are beginning to catch up to him. Similar to Anderson’s reign in the MW division. If he got passed Weidman, he had Jacare, Romero, Rockhold and Whittaker to look forward to.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Stylebender has some tough fights to get through in his own division. He should focus on those first.

Plus, Juicy J is too big for him.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
I’ve been bashing Jones since the Saturday event, but he occasionally fights like that. If I am correct, the cease in activity was also shown in the OSP fight, and early part of DC 2.

He does not like pressure being put on him much, which leads to him doing the reaching out schtick. He has one pretty great counter, the sideways cover up retreat into spinning over the top back elbow. Reyes didn’t let him do that though with constant movement, only chasing when back was completely turned.

Wouldn’t say he is washed up as much as it is fighters are beginning to catch up to him. Similar to Anderson’s reign in the MW division. If he got passed Weidman, he had Jacare, Romero, Rockhold and Whittaker to look forward to.
I was (silently because my daughter was sleeping) yelling at my phone about his continuously outstretched fingers pawing at Reyes face. There is no reason to do that (especially for a guy who on video admitted to poking eyes because he gets away with it) at all.

there should be points deducted immediately for reaching out with extended fingers to the head / face.

Jones gets a pass on positive PED tests and eye raking. It’s a fucking travesty.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
He’s right.

it’s getting closer to Jones first loss

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Adesanya needs to pipe down or he's going to get the full Jon Jones Picogram Samurai warrior when he fights him. Jones will pulse him into the living death!

ender852

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2015
I was (silently because my daughter was sleeping) yelling at my phone about his continuously outstretched fingers pawing at Reyes face. There is no reason to do that (especially for a guy who on video admitted to poking eyes because he gets away with it) at all.

there should be points deducted immediately for reaching out with extended fingers to the head / face.

Jones gets a pass on positive PED tests and eye raking. It’s a fucking travesty.
I couldn't stop laughing at Juan Adam's going to train with Jackson's, and the first thing he does is come out and point his fingers at the other guys face the whole time

Twelve Twenty Four

Jan 21, 2016
how on earth can you compare a fight against Reyes to a fight against Gastelum? How?
Adesanya should not be boasting about nearly getting Ko'd by a guy that should be in the welterweight division

BJTT_Kiwi

My member is more well known than yours
Jun 25, 2015
There's a bit of Chael.
A bit of geek.
A bit of flair.
A bit of Connor.
A bit of Hunto.

Imagine that he called the Jones fight nearly 3 years out from when/if it actually happens.

He's Kiwi.
I like him.

Blah blah Nigeria.
My kids were born in Sydney, and they're Kiwi too - especially now we live back here.