Adesanya nails it

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
UFC must be praying Israel beats Bobby. The dude is as charismatic and marketable as they come.

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
I may be the only person who can’t stand this guy. He was trying to start shit at the presser that didn’t exist. I hope Bobby Knuckles humbles that guy some.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Something was off about that interview because he answered questions directly instead of saying he needed to think things over in the shower.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
I personally think he's very self centered which very well could translate to championship material.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
He has a bright future ahead of him, but Juicy J is right, he's too light in the ass for that fight.

I may be the only person who can’t stand this guy. He was trying to start shit at the presser that didn’t exist. I hope Bobby Knuckles humbles that guy some.
He his definitely sold on his own hype BUT, aside from trying to generate a bunch of b.s. with Whittaker, he's been pretty on point with what he says and he's been fighting very well, wouldn't you say so?

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
This thread is a bit retarded.

Adesanya talks a lot of clumsy shit and is trying to build a character, sometimes unsuccessfully, but he's nowhere near the level of MMA's famous try-hard or genuinely successful 'talkers'.

I think Bobby Knucks will destroy him (see thread I made about it). But Adesanya is doing fine with his comments.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
Jones' reply stopped Ishmael's darkwing gangsta schtick in its plastic tracks. He said he would never seriously talk shit about somebody in a weight class he wasn't prepared to immediately enter. Ishmael had said something about needing 4 fights or something to ramp up for Jones, which made no sense at all. I think he's revised that into claiming a Jones showdown after a win over Whitaker, but he sort of had to, because you can't talk raging trash while plotting a patient, logical course to the opponent which could take up to two years.

Of course, Jones had to backtrack his own bs about fighting Stipe and the HW division in general, but I don't recall him really going overboard where that went. Adesanya has really gone all in trying to trash Jones, which is fine and all if he was really prepared to enter the 205 division. But he's not. He might be strong for his lanky janky rubber band frame, but no way that's good enough. Jones is probably twice as strong. Izmaeel would get mauled against the fence, followed by being tripped or dumped to the floor followed by a fast Matt Hammilling.

Twelve Twenty Four

Jan 21, 2016
This thread is a bit retarded.

Adesanya talks a lot of clumsy shit and is trying to build a character, sometimes unsuccessfully, but he's nowhere near the level of MMA's famous try-hard or genuinely successful 'talkers'.

I think Bobby Knucks will destroy him (see thread I made about it). But Adesanya is doing fine with his comments.
This. Bobby's proven himself against some really good fighters - Izzy is gonna have some real issues against him. Can see him maybe getting a split decision but no chance of a finish. Bobby on the other hand.....

Silverball

Feb 24, 2015
I thought Adesanya came very close to losing his last fight to Gastelum, who's undersized for the division and probably should be fighting at 170, and there are many people, Joe Rogan among them, who thought Whittaker lost the Romero rematch. When you throw in Whittaker's track record of getting injured and pulling out of fights, I'm not sure where the momentum for this match-up is coming from. A Jones vs Adesanya match-up in December seems much more intriguing from a promotional standpoint, albeit less competitive on paper.