Adesanya slams Jones: ‘People are going to remember you because you’re a drug cheat’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Jon Jones might think his legacy is set in stone, but newly-crowned UFC middleweight champion Israel Adesanya thinks fight fans will remember ‘Bones’ not for his accomplishments inside the cage but his mishaps outside the cage, specifically Jones’ slew of failed drug tests from 2015-2017.

Jones has been repeatedly stripped of the light heavyweight due to multiple failed drug tests over the course of his UFC career and, although the pound-for-pound No. 1 believes his accomplishments ought to exonerate him of any wrongdoing, Adesanya is adamant Jones will be remembered as a ‘steroid cheat’.

“He’s…

Israel Adesanya slams Jon Jones: ‘People are going to remember you because you’re a drug cheat’

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
He will have less of an asterisk than someone like Barry Bonds, but it will still be there. Hopefully though, history will recognize that many legends before him and a high percentage of his peers did the same thing. Still, in a GOAT discussion this dark cloud will always appear.

Silverball

Feb 24, 2015
He will have less of an asterisk than someone like Barry Bonds, but it will still be there. Hopefully though, history will recognize that many legends before him and a high percentage of his peers did the same thing. Still, in a GOAT discussion this dark cloud will always appear.
The Barry Bonds perjury case was a case of alleged perjury regarding use of anabolic steroids by former San Francisco Giants outfielder and all-time Major League Baseball career home run leader, Barry Bonds, and the related investigations surrounding these accusations. On April 13, 2011, Bonds was convicted of one felony count of obstruction of justice for giving an incomplete answer to a question in grand jury testimony. A mistrial was declared on the remaining three counts of perjury, and those charges were dropped.[1] The obstruction of justice conviction was upheld by an appellate panel in 2013, but a larger panel of the appellate court overturned the conviction in 2015.

Last edited:

Shorinji

Intergalactic Destroyer of Souls
Oct 25, 2015
Glad he mentioned both Jones and his brother popped at the same time. Not sure if that's common knowledge.

Incredible that anyone buys the "tainted supplement" bullshit.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Glad he mentioned both Jones and his brother popped at the same time. Not sure if that's common knowledge.

Blame Joe Rogan, Golden Snitch, and the UFC for pumping out that bullshit in order to try and protect their cash cow.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
The Barry Bonds perjury case was a case of alleged perjury regarding use of anabolic steroids by former San Francisco Giants outfielder and all-time Major League Baseball career home run leader, Barry Bonds, and the related investigations surrounding these accusations. On April 13, 2011, Bonds was convicted of one felony count of obstruction of justice for giving an incomplete answer to a question in grand jury testimony. A mistrial was declared on the remaining three counts of perjury, and those charges were dropped.[1] The obstruction of justice conviction was upheld by an appellate panel in 2013, but a larger panel of the appellate court overturned the conviction in 2015.

All Natty Brah!

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
i saw that Clemons, Bonds, and Schilling are climbing on HoF ballots...but still hanging around 60%.

Think any of them will get in?

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

Jon has been caught doing the the stuff previously...wondering when picos are gonna be normal again?

Must be hard going thru life with Picos pulsing randomly in your body, knowing you can't seem to get rid of them. Hope he can still perform on fight night thru all the adversity

Pico attacks must be stopped.

Last edited:

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Izzy is interesting...wish he was a lil bit bigger for this matchup
He will fight anyone it seems...hope he gets a few great mega fights in during his career.

Very skilled and entertaining

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
do people watch the nfl and honestly think that they are clean when a HUGE amount of mlb players on on the ped's? people have been on the stuff forever on the elite level.duh.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015

i either didn’t know ke didn’t remember that he pooped the same month as his brother. That can’t be a coincidence. Jon has been on the shit for a long time. It’s hard to imagine that some people actually believe he’s clean.

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
i saw that Clemons, Bonds, and Schilling are climbing on HoF ballots...but still hanging around 60%.

Think any of them will get in?
Being in Cali, Bonds is beloved and I support him and Clemons since I'm a Yankees 1st, Giants 2nd fan. As much as I hate the Red Sox, Schilling deserves it especially after his bloody socko performance...

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015

Chandler had a great year. I imagine there's a solid chance he's on the juice. He had two older brothers in pro sports(one his own) try to cheat the system so he's tailored to learn how to cheat without getting caught.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
I think it's subjective regarding Jones vs Bonds. From my perspective when Bonds was being busted, it was a huge scandal that didn't involve just him, it involved many high profile players. Bonds bust was at a time when the media was suggesting that majority of ballplayers were on some sort of peds, and Bonds was still performing the best.

Jones however, his bust came after peds in mma had already been an ongoing issue. MMA had implemented the use of Usada so when Jones still popped, to me it seemed worse b/c the feeling was after USADA's random drug test now being in and out of competition there wouldn't be many high profile busts.