Adesanya vs Romero

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Alright, let's hear how everyone scored it and why. I had it 48-47 Adesanya with him winning Rds 2,3,4 but neither guy did much, so I wouldn't have cared if they gave it to Romero.

M

member 3289

48-47 Romero

Round 1 Romero
Round 2 Romero
Round 3 Adesanya
Round 4 Adesanya
Round 5 Romero

homo fagit

Writer, and adventurer
Jul 17, 2018
I'd say 48-47 for Adesanya is pretty accurate but then again I am somewhat of a Romero ''hater'' and hope he loses every single fight

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Romero 1, 2, 5. I took a KO loss by hyping the fight.

I'm getting entertainment from the aftermath though - watching the Dana spin in action and people literally blame Romero 100% for the fight.

I mean fuck, Romero is certainly partially to blame but how you can twist your brain into thinking that Israel deserves NO blame is incredible.

Really shows that Dana can still sell a decent chunk of the MMA fanbase on literally any nonsense.

kristian82

Feb 26, 2020
Poor poor fight but a CLEAR victory for Israel, I see zero arguments for a Yoel victory. Also confirmed, Anderson Silva is by far the greatest MW ever.

Hwoarang

TMMAC Addict
Oct 22, 2015
Judges gave 1 and 2 to Yoel, and 3, 4 and 5 to Izzy. I probably would've given a couple of 10-10 rounds in there, but just looking at the 5th round: Izzy landed about 6 or 7 leg kicks and that's it. Yoel landed about 6 big straight or overhand lefts (one which almost knocked izzy down), a couple of right hooks, a couple of good jabs, about 3 leg kicks of his own, and a good teep to the body. Most of the round Izzy was fighting timid, literally running and almost falling over and mainly only throwing leg kicks. So octagon control and aggression certainly go to Yoel.
5th round should have definitely gone to Yoel.

Last edited:

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
Was 48/47 Yoel he won the 1st 2nd and 5th in my opinion.

Danas bullshit after the fight is typical, Romero is 42, he knows he has to protect Izzy from criticisim.

I think Adesanya is more to blame for the inactivity because he didn't engage for 90% of the fight and when Romero brought it to him he ran.

From a guy who talked about retiring Romero and was headlining his first U.S PPV the onus was on him to make the fight exciting, Romero knew that and almost caught Izzy cold as a result.

Once that first left hand landed Adesanya wanted no more of that and resigned himself to a point fighting approach, which I felt he didn't implement with enough
efficiency to negate Romeros agression, what little there was of it.

The 5th in particular annoys me, Romero won that round no question.

It was a shit fight anyway, getting annoyed about it or claiming robbery is pointless, Izzy ran and Romero wasn't active enough.

Last edited:

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Jan 30, 2015
Poor poor fight but a CLEAR victory for Israel, I see zero arguments for a Yoel victory. Also confirmed, Anderson Silva is by far the greatest MW ever.

A clear victory in a fight he avoided at all cost, sure thing fella.

Silva stank up the cage more than once as well, this fight confirms fuck all except Adesanyas fear of Yoels power.

The EZ Life

Posting Machine
Aug 6, 2015
1: 9 Izzy:Yoel 10
2: 10 Izzy:Yoel 10
3: 10 Izzy:Yoel 9
4: 10 Izzy:Yoel 9
5: 10 Izzy:Yoel 10
Score: Izzy wins a 49- 48 unanimous decision
Champion Bonus: defending champion gets 1 bonus point if fight goes to decision - 50-48 for Izzy.

kristian82

Feb 26, 2020
A clear victory in a fight he avoided at all cost, sure thing fella.

Silva stank up the cage more than once as well, this fight confirms fuck all except Adesanyas fear of Yoels power.
And Yoel was really trying to bring the fight right?

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Jan 30, 2015
And Yoel was really trying to bring the fight right?

He did, sparingly, as I stated in my previous post, its better than not bringing the fucking fight at all, and being timid as fuck for the last round.

This is a guy who talked shit about being the best MW ever, ready to make a statement against Yoel, he got one taste and said fuck that.

That is pathetic for a 31 year old champion in his first PPV headliner in vegas, I don't blame him for disengaging every chance he got, but I don't think he should be rewarded for it and under new or old critetia Yoel should have gotten the nod.

As I said though it was a shit fight not worth getting upset about, it was still a shit decision, calling it a CLEAR win for Adasanya is a crock of shite and you must be a Kiwi.