Adesanya: Where do the PPV points go with Whittaker not fighting

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

24 hours out of UFC 234, Israel Adesanya thought he was competing in the co-main eventof the Melbourne card. UFC middleweight champion Robert Whittaker was going to make the big money in the headliner, considering he has pay-per-view points in his contract, as most champions due.

Then just like that, Whittaker’s fight with Kelvin Gastelum was off due to a hernia. Adesanya’s bout with Anderson Silva was on top now.

So after Adesanya’s big win, he showed up at the post-fight press conference and had a pretty valid financial question - if Whittaker didn’t fight, who gets that money? Does the UFC keep it?

“The pay-per-view points, where do they…

Adesanya wants to know where the PPV points go with Whittaker not competing at UFC 234

M

member 3289

If you didn't get them written into your bout agreement BEFORE your fight, then they're not going to you, goof

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
If you didn't get them written into your bout agreement BEFORE your fight, then they're not going to you, goof
Exactly. How does any manager worth his salt not negotiate this deal prior to the fight? It's very simple...."pay my guy PPV points or cancel another main event"

Megatron Robinson

I BOMB ATOMICALLY
Jul 26, 2015
Fighting Anderson Silva as the co-main should mean you're getting points.

Where are rhose extra points though?

Fill that bag up.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Exactly. How does any manager worth his salt not negotiate this deal prior to the fight? It's very simple...."pay my guy PPV points or cancel another main event"
You want to fight ever again in the ufc?

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
I doubt there was any time for that being that it was last minute and all...

The UFC should do the right thing though.

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
It's the UFCs goddamn right to retain that money.

It should be an example in business or PR study books, how asinine the UFC and especially Dana has behaved and comunicated (Dana has been a prick in interviews more so in the past, around 2012-15 maybe?) that now, automatically, people always categorically take side against them.

Thank god nobody (yet) wrote that Dana will buy snow for his house with the money...

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Did something change with the fight that i don't know about?

It was still a 3 round fight. Same opponent. The media obligations didn't change.

The only difference is that they fought last instead of second to last.

It may be nice to tip them out a bit extra but in this instance i really don't see a reason to give them any kind of PPV points that wasn't already in their contract.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Did something change with the fight that i don't know about?

It was still a 3 round fight. Same opponent. The media obligations didn't change.

The only difference is that they fought last instead of second to last.

It may be nice to tip them out a bit extra but in this instance i really don't see a reason to give them any kind of PPV points that wasn't already in their contract.
They got fight of the night for a fight that was anything but. Its not a mystery why.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
The PPV points go to people who finish fights against guys 5 years past their prime, Israel.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Whoever gets PPV points on this card is going to owe Dana money.

Nemo?

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Dec 2, 2015
The PPV points go to people who finish fights against guys 5 years past their prime, Israel.
No hespect for the goat?

Coming out of semi retirement to give Israel the rub? As a wrestling fan you should be beaming.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
The hespect that Israel has for Anderson this is as clean as it gets.....usually it ends up like Pat Barry and crocop.
That's what's suposed to happen when the guard changes. Clean and decisive. What happened on Saturday is the MMA equivalent of a count out dq.